Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 GLA-250 4Matic. I am reading the user manual trying to figure out how to program the garage door to be operated from the vehicle. The manual refers to buttons that are supposed to be located on the underside of the rear view mirror. There are absolutely no buttons of any sort underneath the rear view mirror.

Does this mean this vehicle doesn't have the ability to operate a garage door or is there possibly an alternate way to program the garage door remotes if you are dealing with a GLA-250 that has no buttons on the underside of the rear view mirror?

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
The Homelink garage door opener was an option. If you have no buttons then you do not have the option. If you search on "garage door opener" you will find three other posts that may help you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 GLA-250 4Matic. I am reading the user manual trying to figure out how to program the garage door to be operated from the vehicle. The manual refers to buttons that are supposed to be located on the underside of the rear view mirror. There are absolutely no buttons of any sort underneath the rear view mirror.

Does this mean this vehicle doesn't have the ability to operate a garage door or is there possibly an alternate way to program the garage door remotes if you are dealing with a GLA-250 that has no buttons on the underside of the rear view mirror?
So, if there are no buttons under the rear view mirror, does that mean there is no compass either (N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW)??

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Compass is part of the "Convenience" option package, typically included with the Homelink.

The Compass is typically in the upper right corner of the rearview mirror.

btw: If you have the Nav package the compass readout is on the lower right of the main "iPad" display to show direction of travel (fixed north or as-moving preferences).

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can add the homelink mirror pretty easily if you don't have the auto-dim and garage door opener capabilities. I did it to my 45 for less than $100 with all parts included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts