Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 gla 250 does not a backup camera also.. does anyone here from winnipeg? Who knows how to install and which type of backup camera to buy? Is it plug and play. And if so i can do it or does it need programming? Thanks

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum Chebz. We are an international group with a variety of GLA derivatives. It will be helpful to respond to your questions if you tell us where you are located, your GLA model and year. It is best to add that to your member profile, which will then show each time you post a comment or question. You can do so from the User CP link on the upper right of most browsers.

·
Read Only
74 Posts
Is this website legit?
Absolutely, but they are all Chinese, so customer service can be a little difficult due to the language barrier. Cheaper though. But if you are PC and android savy, set up is probably not that hard.

The other option is to buy from CKM Design. He is a Norwegian that speaks chinese and has set-up the right firmware, etc., for you. You pay a little more. There is still a language barrier since he is obviously ESL. But keep in mind, he is buying everything from CL Mall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my GLA yesterday. I had to order my because they didn't have the options and colour that I want. I got the premium, preium plus, sport package and the keyless start. The order was place April 14 and the build date is 05/2015.

Anyways while build the GLA250 with the salesman, he inform me that they discount the backup camera after the build date 02/2015. He was trying to find a car that would match what I was asking for but a build date prior 02/2015. Unfortunately for me, he could not find one.

So here is my question, anyone that is in the same situation like me that does not have a backup camera from factory, have you try to installing one? I seen you can order a factory backup camera online but is addition wring needed to complete the install?
Can I simply plug in an oem factory back up camera? Is the car pre wired? 2015 gla 250 with premium package and navigation

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my GLA yesterday. I had to order my because they didn't have the options and colour that I want. I got the premium, preium plus, sport package and the keyless start. The order was place April 14 and the build date is 05/2015.

Anyways while build the GLA250 with the salesman, he inform me that they discount the backup camera after the build date 02/2015. He was trying to find a car that would match what I was asking for but a build date prior 02/2015. Unfortunately for me, he could not find one.

So here is my question, anyone that is in the same situation like me that does not have a backup camera from factory, have you try to installing one? I seen you can order a factory backup camera online but is addition wring needed to complete the install?
I know this is an older post - but I just bought my 2015 GLA 250 and am disappointed - nay amazed- it didn't come with a camera. Has anything been done aftermarket to get on - that isn't the $1500 the dealer and local CarToys quotes?

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
136 Posts
I know this is an older post - but I just bought my 2015 GLA 250 and am disappointed - nay amazed- it didn't come with a camera. Has anything been done aftermarket to get on - that isn't the $1500 the dealer and local CarToys quotes?
You should (or should've) started a new thread for this probably. There are a number of options available for a fraction of that price. Search for GLA/CLA/A/B Class trunk handle backup cameras on Google. A company called 4x4 shop Canada has a number of options and Car systems installation in Toronto area also sells a number of options online.

you'll need a camera interface if you want to retain the original screen. no need if you plan to use an aftermarket screen. there are interfaces available on aliexpress that are the same as the more expensive brand name devices, which are often relabelled aliexpress devices anyways.

remember to pick one that is for NTG 4.5 or 4.7, not NTG 5.-. 2015 models use an older infotainment system

here's a complete kit for $200ish

interface for $120

41 - 53 of 53 Posts