Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone with a Night styling package confirm if Mercedes painted or Vinyl wrap the front, side and rear trim? you can usually tell by looking for the margin of the vinyl sticker.

I assume the door trim around the windows are vinyl but how about the roof and the lower bumper pieces.

Many thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Has MB ever used vinyl as a substitute for paint? I would not be very happy if they did that especially at the prices they charge.

As a pattern design like on the Edition 1 then it is fine, it also gives the owner the option of removing it later on.

·
Registered
694 Posts
vinyl is something that should never be used on a production level, just completely not acceptable for all obvious reasons.
paint and trims that do the job is how i hope they keep it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ive seen the edition 1 red ring around the nose in person and that is vinyl. Same thing with the performance studio that im starting to see on some of the later built 2015 gla45s. You be surprised where car companies use vinyl, most common are the black trim of the windows on B pillars.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also my previous BMW i wrapped the kidney grills in gloss black and car sat out in the sun, put 60,000 miles on the car and still very little wear, slightly less glossy and some irregularities on the reflected surfaces due to some bug debris.

I dont have anything again Vinyl, i only wondered because i wanted to keep the side mirrors Citrus white with the front lip and rest of the trim gloss black. I also wondered if MB used vinyl for the rear trim since its so close to the exhaust finishers. The exhaust heat code damage Vinyl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doing Right Now the Vinyl

Can someone with a Night styling package confirm if Mercedes painted or Vinyl wrap the front, side and rear trim? you can usually tell by looking for the margin of the vinyl sticker.

I assume the door trim around the windows are vinyl but how about the roof and the lower bumper pieces.

Many thanks
I don't think vinyl would look very nice. Not very premium.
Im doing right now the Vinyl Wrap. I started yesterday and probably i will pick up the car today.

I chose Vinyl because i will not paint the original parts and if i want to change back it is easy, its quicker to install (1 day of service vinyl x 3 days of service paint) and also in Brazil is cheapest than paint the car.

I paid R$ 650,00 for the Vinyl service (USD 1,00 = R$ 3,77) and they charged me R$1200,00 for paint. It is a 3M material the vinyl

Last night the garage send me the picture how it is going (Attached). He is finishing the grille and really surprised me because i loved. I also will attach the before picture and a Night original One that i took in the Mercedes Stand (Of course with better light).

Off course there is pros as cons of each of one and im just adding my point of view and the pros of the Vinyl

I hope that i can help you with my humble opinion :D

Best Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum spockoso. We have an international membership with a variety of GLA derivatives. To help us with your comments or questions, could you add your location, GLA model and year to your member profile? Then it will show under your member name each time you post. You can do so from the User CP link on the upper right of most browsers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finished

Sorry.... i think now i uptaded my profile....

I just picked up my car and i attached the photos.... I liked very much the service...

Just to notice that i chose this solution because the Garage Guy told me that would be better than paint (he woulb be the painter as well) cause Brazil issues....

Also in Brazil (MB do not allow optinionals and just sell "closed versions") if we change the "factory parts" the people who rebuy and MB will not like because is a luxury and later i have to put the pieces as original.....

I have to agree that the painting is more "luxury" and the little details is perfect. However, for me the vinyl fits, it is almost the same and the small differences are not seen for a normal person.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts