Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not sure, but not the ceramics. I should definitely have replaced the rotors at the time, they had a kind of uneven surface developing. The back breaks i had to take to the independent mechanic and had the hawk pads installed and they work fine. I was going to get these race pads called pagid rs29 but they are quite expensive and you have to front and back at the same time or just the fronts would throw off the balance.
Did you mean RSL29?

Did you call about fittment? THey don;t list the GLA, though they list the A-45 and CLA-45 (don't say sport brakes or not for CLA). They also list the SLK 55 AMG 2012+, which Ebay seems to say compatible.

That's size 8188 for the front. and 8189 for the rear.

In 8188 they have RSL 1, RSL 29, and RS 14
In 8189 they have RSL 29 only.

I'm not sure why you could go RS14 in the front and RSL 29 in the rear, but not go RSL 29 in front and OEM in the rear? If you have to match compound, why would the fronts be available in more compounds? The SLK 55 AMG would have the same problem as us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked these up yesterday, Pagid pads @ Autohaus AZ. It's a brand I have had great success with in various models on my Porsche cars..

Great price as well- I also picked up a few other basic maintenance items and I was surprised how inexpensive they were. Maybe I've been living in the Porsche world too long..

• Air filter, $13.99
  • Serpentine belt Continental, 10.99
  • Febi / Bilstien oil filter kit $3.84

·
Registered
125 Posts
Replacing pads and rotors looks pretty straightforward. I'm still debating whether to do it myself or not. I'd have to buy some tools, jack stands and a floor jack first.

Can someone point me to a list of torque spec's for the calipers and rotors?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The trickiest part is getting at one of the caliper bolts with the torque wrench.
130 nm for the caliper bolts,you will need the etorx star socket for this. For the rotors the set bolt is 10 nm and then 130 nm for the wheel bolts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Keep it coming.

I ordered all the parts I need for my brakes all around the car. $920 for OEM rears, brembo fronts, and Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads. Another $50 to flush out all the brake fluid for Motul RBF 600 which I plan on doing.

Got all the tooling I don't already have, nice jackstands with a Merc adapter, etc. Should be exciting, biggest job I've tackled on a car yet. Been so enthusiastic, I've got all the stuff and I still have 5mm on the fronts! :)

Took some education by helping a buddy do his rears on his car. He gets free labor, I get some training. Win-win. had only picked up a rear disc tho previously. My front discs arrived yesterday. Wow, they are HEAVY! File that under "duh", but it's amazing how much more iron is in that thing compared to a cast iron skillet of the same diameter! Hah!

Too bad there are no reasonably priced 2-piece rotors out there.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts