Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner here. Allow me a few of questions. I searched and did not find answers.

1 - is a Command manual included in the owner's pouch?

2 - The car has standard Keyless Start. Is there a button supplied to attach to the ignition switch. Where is the button in the car?

3 - Is there a setting to set locking without a horn beep?

4 - Is there a way to make Auto shut/start off by default, other that choosing that in the individual settings?

5 - Tire pressures. Car came at maximum load 44/44PSI. Light load is 32/29. What is normally used for 2 people light load?

Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Already found posts for tire pressures. 33/29 really is the low load (my mistake above on front number). Between that and fill load 44/44, 38/34 makes sense as a mid-point. Comments?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To US owners: Are you installing a front license plate bracket? The factory supplied one seems to require drilling the front black strip, a shame really. Some states require front license plates, others do not.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
New owner here. Allow me a few of questions. I searched and did not find answers.

1 - is a Command manual included in the owner's pouch?

2 - The car has standard Keyless Start. Is there a button supplied to attach to the ignition switch. Where is the button in the car?

3 - Is there a setting to set locking without a horn beep?

4 - Is there a way to make Auto shut/start off by default, other that choosing that in the individual settings?

5 - Tire pressures. Car came at maximum load 44/44PSI. Light load is 32/29. What is normally used for 2 people light load?

Thanks!
Welcome to our forum GLAowner, lots of information here to help you with your new Mercedes. This is my take on your questions. Other forum members will probably add to my answers.

1 - COMAND manual...are you referring to a separate printed manual? I don't have the COMAND system, but everything else is addressed in a somewhat abbreviated printed operator's manual, but more greatly expanded in your Digital Operator's Manual that is part of the A-V system, accessed through the control console. You should find detailed guidance there. It takes a little bit of patience to get into it and find your way around, but then there's a lot of information there.

2 - Keyless start...you should have found a large-ish silver button in your ignition switch, or possibly left in your center console glove box. If not you might want to check with your sales rep. If you have a 2015 model, it wasn't standard equipment, however.

3 - Settings for locking beep - Yes, that can be set up through your control console, Settings menu, I believe.

4 - Auto start up/shut off - assume you're referring to the Eco-Start/Stop function? Depending on which model you have, that can be programmed out. For 2016 GLA250s, it's set on or off in the Individual "I" Dynamic Select mode where you choose the various settings.

5 - Tire Pressure - That really depends on your individual tastes and type of driving. You'll find several threads here discussing that. Search on "tire pressure" in the upper right Search box.

Good luck with your new GLA!

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can get digital manuals at the MB site.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to our forum GLAowner, lots of information here to help you with your new Mercedes. This is my take on your questions. Other forum members will probably add to my answers.

1 - COMAND manual...are you referring to a separate printed manual? I don't have the COMAND system, but everything else is addressed in a somewhat abbreviated printed operator's manual, but more greatly expanded in your Digital Operator's Manual that is part of the A-V system, accessed through the control console. You should find detailed guidance there. It takes a little bit of patience to get into it and find your way around, but then there's a lot of information there.
Right. I use those but it's good to have the paper version. :)

2 - Keyless start...you should have found a large-ish silver button in your ignition switch, or possibly left in your center console glove box. If not you might want to check with your sales rep. If you have a 2015 model, it wasn't standard equipment, however.
Correct. Confirmed with salesman who forgot to install it. No big deal.

3 - Settings for locking beep - Yes, that can be set up through your control console, Settings menu, I believe.
Found them. Contrary to the common wisdom, I like to be stealthy. :)

4 - Auto start up/shut off - assume you're referring to the Eco-Start/Stop function? Depending on which model you have, that can be programmed out. For 2016 GLA250s, it's set on or off in the Individual "I" Dynamic Select mode where you choose the various settings.
Right, I have that in the i Dynamic Select Mode. I wonder though if a global system setting can set Non-Activated for all modes. The reverse of the current default.

5 - Tire Pressure - That really depends on your individual tastes and type of driving. You'll find several threads here discussing that. Search on "tire pressure" in the upper right Search box.

Good luck with your new GLA!
I will experiment with halfway between low load and max load - 38/34.

Thank you for a very detailed reply!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Comand manual… yes you should have one of these>>

·
Registered
172 Posts
The digital PDF owner's manual is far more more complete than the printed version of the manual included with the car. It can be found here: Owners Manual: A Go-To Source for Information on your Vehicle | Mercedes-Benz

The printed owner's manual rather than showing all details of the car often refers to the car's online help system instead. Which I find very annoying.
The PDF version corrects this.

The car's online system is fine for looking up specific details about the car. But if you are trying to just learn stuff about the car in general, the car's online help system is frustrating to use.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The printed Comand manual that comes with the car is exactly the same as the online digital version… and both are annoying due to (1) covers all versions of the Comand systems in MB cars and (2) overly complex and not intuitive

Reactions: WhiteRabbit

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The printed Comand manual that comes with the car is exactly the same as the online digital version… and both are annoying due to (1) covers all versions of the Comand systems in MB cars and (2) overly complex and not intuitive
Right. In this day and age model specific manuals are easy to generate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bless you for posting the link to the owners manual for comand.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have not checked and may do so soon, but in case someone knows... does the GLA battery (which is covered by a plastic box) have a venting tube?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts