Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just took delivery of my GLA250 4Matic: polar silver, premium, 19" wheels, blind assist, pano roof, rear cam, etc. It is replacing an older Subaru WRX Wagon. We looked around it was the best option that was a (somewhat) fuel efficient, fun to drive, nice fit and finish, and a small CUV *cough* wagon *cough* that is confident going up to the mountains in all weather. I suspect I'm not the only Subaru owner who as moved on to a GLA.

The other car we looked at was an RDX. We've had the first generation RDXi while we did like it I wanted something a bit sportier and the recent RDXs. They did not have the same feeling as the first generation RDX, not as tight and confident on the road.

Any recommendations on snow chains and ski/snowboard racks?

Thanks!
-chris

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome cftarnas! Glad to have you join our forum. Please share some photos and jump in on the many discussions. We look forward to hearing more about your GLA.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello,
Just took delivery of my GLA250 4Matic: polar silver, premium, 19" wheels, blind assist, pano roof, rear cam, etc. It is replacing an older Subaru WRX Wagon. We looked around it was the best option that was a (somewhat) fuel efficient, fun to drive, nice fit and finish, and a small CUV *cough* wagon *cough* that is confident going up to the mountains in all weather. I suspect I'm not the only Subaru owner who as moved on to a GLA.

The other car we looked at was an RDX. We've had the first generation RDXi while we did like it I wanted something a bit sportier and the recent RDXs. They did not have the same feeling as the first generation RDX, not as tight and confident on the road.

Any recommendations on snow chains and ski/snowboard racks?

Thanks!
-chris
Hey Chris!

Congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to the forums!

I have the following Thule accessories/setup for my GLA250 for the winter/snowboard season here in Melbourne, Australia.

Thule WingBar Edge
Thule Australia » Products » Roof Racks » Thule WingBar Edge Fixed Points / Solid Roof Rails Silver

Thule Deluxe 727
Thule Australia » Products » Snow Sport Carriers » Thule Deluxe 727

Thule CS-10 Snow Chains
Thule Australia » Products » Snow Chains » Thule CS-10 060 to 105

All of these I had set up on my car and have used in the 2015 winter season and will be using them again in the 2016 winter season.

I think I've posted a couple of photos in other thread of where I mounted the roof bars so that you can open the sunroof.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome! Regards from Monterey, CA. You put it very nicely, the GLA 4MATIC could deliver the mountains in any weather. It does it, indeed. I tested it on the hills of Bay Area during the recent heavy rain storm. It performed exceptionally well. Regarding the snow chains, please check out comments in the thread on GLA in the Extreme Weather conditions. It provides an encouraging evidence of the GLA capability to deal with heavy snow just by the means of 4MATIC electronics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts