Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just bought gla 220cdi4matic is first merc iv owned so will see how it goes iam 54 years old & live in lincolnshire england

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome valemerc, happy to have you join our forum. Please share some photos and more about your GLA experiences when you can. Lots of information on many topics here. If you can't answer a question with the search function (box on upper right) feel free to ask!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hey Valemerc-welcome aboard. A lot of great info here. As far as I know, we weren't offered the diesel here. Let us know how you like it. Over the years I had several diesel Mercedes, the last one being a 240 D with 5 cylinders. I always liked them, especially because I could put No. 2 oil in them, which I kept in a tank (alas illegally, but the statute has run) in my garage. I could store about 6 months worth of driving around town. The early ones had essentially no electronics. You'd pull the knob out to glow the plugs, start it up and if you could keep it fueled it would never stop. In fact, I understand some owners who lived in Alaska would leave them running for days. That whole thing has changed in the US, with No. 2 no longer being a possibility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts