Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for having me.

I bought a 2015 GLA 220d AMG Line Premium back in Jan. So far I’m a huge fan and it’s a pleasure to drive. I look forward to spending time on this forum.

I have a quick question about the rear bumper vents. I’ve noticed that mine are covered with black tape, which is starting to peel off (see pics). Is there a reason this on there or is it purely cosmetic? I’ve seen aftermarket covers on eBay etc.

I read about the A Class having some water leak issues through the vents but not seen anything to suggest it impacts the GLA too.

Any advice appreciated (and yes the girl is due a clean!)

Cheers
Tim

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Hood

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

That looks to me like a prior owner's aftermarket application. Perhaps they too read something about "water leak issues" (I'm not aware of any) and decided to blank it off with some black tape/vinyl?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

That looks to me like a prior owner's aftermarket application. Perhaps they too read something about "water leak issues" (I'm not aware of any) and decided to blank it off with some black tape/vinyl?
Thanks Huey, I think you could be right. It’s similar to gaffa tape and didn’t even notice until an edge started to peel away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts