Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, glad I found this forum. While I am not currently a GLA owner, I am working on that. One of my considerations is to AMG or not, so I was glad to find a thread on that. I also am interested in tuning whatever version I end up with, so I've found some info. on that here:

Brabus Tunes 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG to 394 hp

I can always post this question in another area of the forum vs. the intro. but if there is already a thread on tuning the MB's 2.0T I'd appreciate a pointer.

Thanks again for this forum. After 19 years with my Bronco I'm looking for something smaller, but fun and that can still actually haul some stuff in the back, or haul azzzz.:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome! I love visiting Boulder, it would be a great place for Mercedes 4Matic.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum.

I assume this is the thread you're referring to

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/merc...4-those-considering-gla250-instead-gla45.html
yes it is. I can't afford a GLA45 outright, and I am one to not have major car payments, I have more important things in life like paying the house off in a few years, retiring early with lots of money in the 401k and Roth, so I like to come to the table with cash down. So I am considering waiting for a used GLA45 vs. new 250. But the debate in thread is interesting, tuning a 250 and buying new....

Welcome! I love visiting Boulder, it would be a great place for Mercedes 4Matic.
yes, if the 4matic is good. This is a front wheel drive that will put power to the rear when needed. If that works well it should be decent. Can the 4matic also differentiate side to side for true AWD like a Subaru (a Subaru is true AWD in that it puts power front and rear, side to side as needed, all the time, it is not standard FWD that will put power to the rear on demand)? My Bronco is great offroad, but is lousy on packed snow and ice due to the aggressive tires. Our Subaru is hands down better on these roads, and I just don't go 4 wheeling anymore with the truck. It has been super reliable though, so I'd expect this from the MB. I'm also used to all my own maintanance, so I downloaded the manual to see what can be done by myself.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Oh, and BTW, love some of the microbrews from your neck of the woods. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the boards, great people here! Would love to see pics of that Bronco!!!!
Here's a couple for practice sake making sure I can post pics, though this forum appears to operate like the others I am on. You'll see below, it is likely that I will be partial to a white GLA/black accents, and if AMG the night styling package, and of course panaramic roof since my Bronco is a soft top:

Gallery for Bronco here:
1995 Ford Bronco pictures, photos, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum! Oh, and BTW, love some of the microbrews from your neck of the woods. :)
Got a few select choices sitting in the fridge for tomorrow night! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts