Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Alberta Canada! Just got my new GLA250 in Black. And thanks to lurking on this forum before getting it I already have Thule Rack on it (and my sunroof opens!) and getting a hitch installed soon. I'm intending to use it back country and so I opted for no sport package for higher clearance and smaller more capable rims.

Has anyone here taken it off road and driven it more rally style with traction control off?

Can't wait to throw a deer on the top and pull a bunch of geese behind!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I've seen a few videos of people taking the GLA250 off road but not rally style on a dirt track.
I've never hunted before but how will you strap a full grown deer on top of your roof?

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I've never hunted before but how will you strap a full grown deer on top of your roof?
Shouldn't take up any more space than the Christmas tree I hauled home on mine with the roof bars last year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh please tell me you jest. it's sacrilegious to treat a GLA as a hunting vehicle don't you think. Buy the G wagon instead. This is a canadian joke, eh? I thought everyone in western canada had a pick up?

·
Registered
182 Posts
How can you use a GLA for hunting deer? The collision avoidance system would kick in and lock up the brakes before you'd hit the deer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I jest not, I wanted a small vehicle since I live downtown, with off road capabilities and a small towing capacity. It's far more practical than a big truck, and much more fun to drive. And I honestly believe people don't use their vehicles enough, why would you not want to use it in the mountains? If it is capable why would it be sacrilegious?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts