Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got my car 2 days ago. Accidentally hit the curb and scratches the rim on the driver’s side. Sent it for repair and the shop gave me a 18” rim (my original rims are 19”) while waiting.

Started driving and noticed the ABS, check engine light and collision assist light is on.

Is this normal?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
If the car had been sitting on the dealer lot the battery could be discharged and affecting sensors.

Are you 18 inch at only one wheel? A tire size difference can cause all kinds of havoc with the speed sensing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah it sure sounds like a mis-sized tire is causing all sorts of alarms to go off as they should. GLA45 doesn't have an 18 option so you're probably ~2 percent dia off or more on one wheel which is a big deal. Your car thinks you're driving around on a flat tire.

·
Super Moderator
350 Posts
Indeed, since the ABS sensor system serves multiple purposes from its primary skid anti-lock braking to in this case probably TPMS fault (rotational speed computed tire pressure).

Yeah it sure sounds like a mis-sized tire is causing all sorts of alarms to go off as they should. GLA45 doesn't have an 18 option so you're probably ~2 percent dia off or more on one wheel which is a big deal. Your car thinks you're driving around on a flat tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts