Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I just received my 2016 GLA45 today.

One of the issues I have is what is the right way to put the car into Park mode.

On the left side (below) the steering wheel there is a parking button , and there is also a park under the Gear Stick middle area (R / N / D ) PARK button.

Does it matter which Park button i press first. The mercedes dealer says to push the park button below the steering wheel left side area first . than press the park button below the Gear Stick.????

Does it really matter?

THANK YOU

·
Registered
816 Posts
First, welcome to the forum! Share some more details about your GLA45…

The manual primarily shows using the P button directly behind the gear select lever so I would think using that one is preferred. I only use the Park lever to the left of the steering wheel column to release the parking brake. I seriously doubt if it makes any difference….

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot I just found out about this forum.

I picked up my Northern Lights Violet GLA45 this morning.

So you would suggest using the P behind the gear select lever first. and when done parking use the parking brake on the left side of the steering wheel?

Here are some pics .

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I have the GLA250 rather than a GLA45, so my layout is a little different.

I typically use only the P on the transmission selector stalk control. If parked on a hill, I will also apply the park brake located at the lower left of the dash.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Doesnt matter as long as your foot is still on the brake pedal. One is hand brake and the other is gear brake. Good practise to apply hand brake first specially when you are on a slope. Will hurt the gear brake if you use it alone with out the hand brake. Another trick is brake till you see the hold icon on dash then turn off ignition. Both brake will applied at the same time by itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iv never owned a car before that can be put into park wile still moving I did this by mistake yesterday but didn't think a car could be engaged into park while still moving? Been driving Saabs for 35 years and never encountered this before I don't think its a problem know that I know it possible but really

WC

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you put the vehicle in Park with the button on the console and then with your foot on the brake you turn off the ignition then parking brake will be set. When you start the car after you place the gear shift in Drive or Reverse and apply slight gas pedal then parking brake will be released automatically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts