Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome boardwalk35! The usual request for new members is to share photos of your new GLA, as well as some of your experiences. We look forward to seeing it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The wife and I took our cars out for a drive and found a cool place for photos. The weather was great and it's always a blast driving a Mercedes. Here's a couple pictures......

·
Registered
172 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: turbolink

·
Registered
140 Posts
Maybe I'll see you on the streets of Dallas, all Black 45AMG with red cut leather/red seat belts, 20" wheels, fun car

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Tirgoman, your car sounds like what my wife just ordered. She went black with Night Styling and 20" 10 spoke silver wheels. Then she ordered the panoramic roof and lit star just to keep me surprised! She added Premium, multi media, etc. She didn't like the way the Recaro seats felt, so we have the regular AMG sport seats instead.

Pam took it on faith that Red Cut was what she wanted. We have not seen it and I haven't found a really good picture. Do you have a picture you could share?

Are the 20s rough on the ride, or OK? I insisted on the Adaptive Suspension in case the 20s were too stiff. Our back roads here are coarse.

I'm also nervous since it looks like only Continental makes that size tire.

We haven't locked yet. As of now MB is indicating build in early August with pickup on the 31st. Pricing is not finalized either, but we are told it will be within a few % of the 2016 builds. Any suggestions for last minute changes? Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
BTW Boardwalk35, welcome aboard. Sorry about hijacking here! I'm simply excited to get ours and start the experience in earnest. From everything I have seen and heard, you're in for some good times.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here are a couple of pics, you really can't tell easily from the pic but the red cut seats have red in the holes that perforate the leather seating portion, subtle but cool. Not sure if the red seat belts come with the red-cut but I would make sure you get them. I have the AMG seats and they're great. The other pic is the carbon fiber dash, not cheap but I think well worth it. The red stitching on the dash and door panels is nice too. Other things that I think you should get are AMG sport exhaust (sound is well worth the price), Bi-Xenon headlights (the stock headlights are below being on-par, in fact they're crummy). Wheels are your choice, I have the 20AMGs and they're a little firm but not bad and they look great. Overall the car is tough looking but not too far out as it would be with the aero spoiler etc.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics.

Pam got the Red Cut with the standard AMG Sports Seats (not Recaro). I loved the Recaro but she was not comfortable in them. It will be her DD and she will be getting in and out frequently. I have been telling myself the side bolster would be a problem ...

The Red Cut includes the red seat belts.

I insisted on the exhaust (she does like the Fister mod on my 997).

She liked the 10 spoke 20s and opted for silver to offset the otherwise all black package.

I'm now second guessing leaving LSD off the list.

Other than not going aero and Recaro, I'm hoping for no changes beyond possibly adding Dynamic Plus. It's good to have options! Glad the order isn't locked yet.

On another note, I read something tonight (written about three years ago) that MB was investigating electric turbos for the GLA, perhaps starting in 2017. I haven't seen anything else on this, so I suspect it's rumor or future only. Just passing it on here, but I suggest not taking this seriously. I read it on the Internet after all!

·
Registered
140 Posts
LSD ?
my 20s are silver, look great, car is black and the black ones were too much black, silver still looks tough but classy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW Boardwalk35, welcome aboard. Sorry about hijacking here! I'm simply excited to get ours and start the experience in earnest. From everything I have seen and heard, you're in for some good times.
It's all good! The car is a blast, hopefully my next purchase will be a GLA 45

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had to resize my photos, here they are....
And my GLA 250 4MATIC is very much alike, just a different color. If there is one thing I'd like to change in my car, it would be the headlights. In your photo, I see the GLA with the halogen headlights, exactly s mine. It isn't on par with other qualities. I strongly recommend to have bi-xenon instead, if it isn't too late to change . image.jpeg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts