Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am in the process of completing a deal on my new GLA 45, but it doesn't have the AMG Performance Exhaust which I so wanted bad! Dealer is saying can do a separate install but will cost $1700+ not including labor.

His other thought was just having a Brabus or Renntech exhaust. Is the standard AMG Sport Exhaust that much different in performance vs the AMG Performance Exhaust?

Second question then would be should I just get the Brabus or Renntech and how much $$ am I looking at for this? Thanks everyone for your help in advance.

LaDevil

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome!

Curious but why is the dealership charging $1700 before labor when the AMG Performance Exhaust is only a $450 option?

To be honest, I think it just adds an angrier/growlier sound with no increase/improvement on performance, I could be wrong though.

It's description:

Optimized internal design and flow rates elevate both the sound and fury of this high-performance exhaust system. As with the standard sport exhaust, an internally variable vane modulates the sound quality to powerfully assert the car's acceleration and revs yet mellow out when you're taking it easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Reading alot of good stuff on this site. Basically since it was ordered without the Performance Exhaust and I wanted it, the dealer is quoting me what their parts department is saying. They would install a Renntech or Brabus if I want but need to know how much more/less I'm paying for it.

I figure just exhaust alone won't change much the HP/Torque improvement but just the sound which I oh so much love!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I can't comment about the price of the AMG performance exhaust but it does give a very addictive "machine gun popping" exhaust note when you up/down-shift!

Since you are getting the 45, get the AMG performance exhaust, you won't regret it!

·
Registered
470 Posts
If it were me, I'd let the dealer know that the MB website has it as a $450 option and try and negotiate it to be added for free.

That of course depends on your negotiating skills. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Go to another dealer if they will not Retrofit the performance exhaust
as said the option is 499 and just pay the labour for 1 hour.. it has been done when buying a car costing over 45k, but you need to drive the car with both exhausts to see if you prefer... but I can say get it no doubt about it really compliments the car and the hand built engine.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Hi all!

I am in the process of completing a deal on my new GLA 45, but it doesn't have the AMG Performance Exhaust which I so wanted bad! Dealer is saying can do a separate install but will cost $1700+ not including labor.

His other thought was just having a Brabus or Renntech exhaust. Is the standard AMG Sport Exhaust that much different in performance vs the AMG Performance Exhaust?

Second question then would be should I just get the Brabus or Renntech and how much $$ am I looking at for this? Thanks everyone for your help in advance.

LaDevil
I read on a CLA45 thread, that the AMG performance exhaust is simply missing the resonator. Cut it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all so far. I am not sure if my dealer will INSTALL a new AMG Performance Exhaust as what he told me "MB can put one in that is MB part that is similar but can't do AMG" That really doesn't make sense if they are a AMG Performance Center. I will definitely have to check some other local shops on installing an AMG Performance Exhaust. If not, should I go with the Renntech or Brabus and which sounds better as well as cost? Anyone have either of these installed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update:

Just called Brabus USA and was told no exhaust available right now for the GLA 45 amg is the U.S.

Bummer...

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Since it isn't CARB or EPA approved, does that mean it'll void warranty?

But given the choice especially where they are charging you 3x the amount for the AMG exhaust, I'd go for the one that increases performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update #2 :

First, Renntech does have 2 options available for the exhaust. Second, called local AMG Performance Center authorized M-B dealership and was told can in fact order the AMG Performance Exhaust at a nice hefty price or $1700 plus labor install. It will be the same and only reason $450 vs $1700 is because of build at time of production vs after.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts