Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the Boston area. Just bought an Edition 1. Traded my 2014 CLA250 for it. Needed to get out of the lease and fell in love with the GLA. Getting the Mid City remote starter installed on Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Nice! Congrats on the new GLA!

I would LOVE to hear your comparison thoughts of the CLA vs GLA! Not meaning to be overly-intrusive, but I'd also like to know some other reasons for making the switch. Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, why did I switch? I had a lease on a CLA and after the first year, I had put more than 24,000 miles on a 15K lease. I needed to get out. Also, my CLA was a FWD without bi-xenon/LED, so I wanted to upgrade. My intention was to get a 2015 CLA, but I was at a MB dealer that had an Edition 1 GLA and it had everything I wanted and looked great, so I talked to my dealer (which is 1/4 mile from my condo) and they found one for me.

Now to the comparison. They're very comparable. I think the ride is more comfortable on the GLA, but the CLA gets much better gas mileage. So far I'm getting 5 MPG less on the GLA than I did on the CLA. Seems to handle just as well. Now, they are vastly different cars, FWD vs. AWD, 17" vs. 19" wheels, no bi-xenon/LED on the CLA so comparing them is tough.

Bottom line, I liked the CLA, but I like the GLA even better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts