Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking to buy used gla45 and would like your help.
I ll be doing around 450mile per week with 70%high way and 30% city traffic with not so good roads conditions.

1.Would you buy another one?
2.What would you change in the car if you had an opportunity?
3.mpg you are getting?
4. 19"vs.20"wheels.
5. Should i look for 2016?
any fid back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
c

·
Registered
816 Posts
First, welcome to the forum!

1. YES…great hot hatch. Love the power, sound, & handling
2.We got our GLA45 pretty loaded, so really nothing I would change. We did not select the Night Package or Aero Package
3. I really do not know, but I can tell you spirited driving in the 'M' mode will eat up fuel.
4. If you have "no so good roads" I would go with the 19" wheels…20" will give you a harsher ride with a bit better handling
5. Depends what your price break is… you will pay about 20% more for a 2016 model, but you could order new and get exactly what you want. One consideration (again noting your road conditions comment) is the 2016 has a programmable suspension option which the 2015 did not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
1- If i didn't already have a 15 i would go for a 16. Now perhaps a next gen model.
2- With the 15 at least the suspension is no bueno on other than perfect roads. Another peave is the instrument cluster lighting is too bright at night and can't be dimmed enough.
3- MPG is on the low side for me with alot of shorter trips and low avg speed. Coming back from Tahoe the other day it got 38 mpg @ 70-75 mph so once warmed up and at cruising speed it is very good.
4-The 20s on my car were very good on a smooth surface. I switched to 18" amg knockoffs for the winter with 235 50 18 vs 235 40 20. Now i wouldn't go back as i live with pot holes and highway expansion joints everywhere.
5- I would go for a 16 and perhaps not opt for distronic and harmon kardon etc but definitely opt for adjustable suspension and perhaps the limited slip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts