Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New toys came in from Mercedes dealer today. Did not like the silver trim on the car and saw this on another forum. Bought it and install was not as easy as I thought. Did not have the right tool to remove the vent but got lucky and was able to pop them out. Result is pretty good. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
That really looks sweet matches the top spec seats :)
so where did you get the dash from, price was it ebay
was thinking of carbon fibre but that is so much nicer on the eye
plus it has the AMG logo !!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks really great and it compliments the seats well! Congrats!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well done :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gorgeous interior to begin with and even better with the new trim!

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Much improved.

I personally dislike the silver finish. It would have been a deal stopper for me. Fortunately the dealer had one coming in with walnut trim.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Great job. Looks like you were helped out by a bit better lighting in the after shot as well. Very curious how much it ended up costing you and if the install was difficult or not?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
LOVE IT.:D

Now, how much? This is definitely going on my list

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dash was purchase from Mercedes dealership locally. I will try to find the box with part number and post it tomorrow. Place I work get wholesale pricing on Mercedes parts so I remember it was less than $300. The piece look like its carbon wrap and Mercedes paint the amg logo and other decoration over it. The wait was about 1 week which is not long but dealer did mention it was air freight from Germany. The install was kind of pain. Since I did not have the Mercedes tool to remove the vent, I had to use my own hook to pull the vent out. My own hook did not have the handle to pull the vent so it took me 30 minutes to get one out. Once one is out, then its piece of cake after that. Remove screen, remove screw, remove dash, pop rest of the vent out and put on the new dash and vent. The installation instruction is on the CLA forum and it is the same procedure for GLA model. Thanks!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
New toys came in from Mercedes dealer today. Did not like the silver trim on the car and saw this on another forum. Bought it and install was not as easy as I thought. Did not have the right tool to remove the vent but got lucky and was able to pop them out. Result is pretty good.
I noticed the red colored stiching on the top side of your dash and also on seats. Do you own the 45AMG or a 250 ?

·
Registered
816 Posts
His is a GLA45.. can not get the interior shown on a GLA250… also a give away is the center console shifter seen in the middle bottom of the picture.

·
Registered
816 Posts
We all started at the same spot..still a learning curve as we find out more about these cars!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Evo, thanks for this, very nice upgrade to the interior. Have ordered the part though Mercedes dealership, will be installed this coming Tuesday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want to order this dashboard for my gla 200 amg but the mercedes dealer said he is not sure if the dashboard will fit to my gla which is a different model then gla 45.But AFAIK the gla 45 amg and gla 200 amg is identical inside or am I wrong?

__☆______☆_______☆_______☆__
Sent by Note 4, sponsored by Prandelli.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts