Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in market for sporty all wheel drive hatch back, small crossover, looked at:
Subaru WRX, no hatchback, CVT automatic (yuck).
VW golf R, liked car but unable to find with DSG automatic. $40k for a Golf?
Fell in love with Porsche Mecan but $60k+ for reasonably equipped, 17 city 23 highway (Ouch).

An friend in the business called me about recent trade, 2015 GLA 2700 miles. I drove the car and did my research. Premium package, sport package, navigation and blind spot detection. The young lady hated not having a backup camera and took a beating on trade for a Range Rover.

I got an insane deal on car $30k. i have owned the car 6 weeks and although it doesn't have the performance of the other cars it is a practical compromise and had grown on me.

I installed backup camera kit this weekend and will document at later date.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLA Owners forum sheatrock, you truly did get an outstanding price with only 2700 miles. We look forward to hearing more about your driving experiences.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome. 3 years ago, I never though that I would have owned a Mercedes either. Then I saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuXSKDtHYyY

You did get a great deal. What packages do you have if any and please post some pictures.

Reactions: alyv

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow! Only 2700 miles over 2+ years?! AWESOME DEAL! Congrats!

Funny how much of a difference a little DIY can make. Good job! Any plans to upgrade the screen to the larger 8" display? Would love to see more specs and photos whenever you get a chance. Welcome to the MB club. My GLA is my first as well.

As far as practicality, it's a great vehicle. I have a newer GLA45, and while I won't be taking out any true sports cars anytime, it's still a lot more speed and power than I'll probably ever need. I wanted something good-looking and sporty that could comfortably fit a child seat and an occasional trip to Costco. Best of both worlds, I guess. Lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have also never thought of owning a MB until I laid my eyes on the GLA. Love at first sight, for sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts