Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2016 GLA 250 prior to receiving a message statung "auxiliary battery malfunction". I just replaced the auxiliary battery so I am hoping that this will fix the issue. I will provide an update later. Please stay safe.
Did the problem reoccurred after replacing the auxiliary battery? Please let us know. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Folks,

Just an update since my original post.

For the past 10 months, I have been deactivating the Eco-mode when I start driving so my GLA250 no longer shifted to neutral at red lights. Then recently, the check engine light came on and I was told that my main and auxiliary batteries needed replacement. After replacing both batteries by myself (dealer wanted $900+), the problem seemed to have fixed itself. I'm not sure if this will work with others', but just wanted to share my experience.

*** Tip: Make sure to plug in an auxiliary battery backup before changing the main battery under the hood (in case auxiliary battery is dead as well).

Good luck!
Hello - Please let us know if the problem went away after replacing the auxiliary battery. Thanks!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts