Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was ordered 3 weeks ago, put into production yesterday and they are now telling me I can get the pre-wiring for the Becker....that I am too late.

This true? Can't the dealer install it?

School me please.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I do believe they can install it but it might cost a bit more. I read somewhere on the Interwebs that one owner said they charged for parts and 2(?) hours labor. I'd recommend calling a few local dealers and asking for service quotes for the install. It should be a known quantity for the parts and labor so they should be able to price it out.

SOLD: '99 ML320 | '01 C320 SPORT | '02 ML320 | '05 E500
'15 GLA250 - SPORT, PREMIUM, MULTIMEDIA, PANORAMA, BI-XENON

·
Registered
81 Posts
Becker is a plug in alternative to nav that comes in the media package. It gives you the same features as the media package nav but you have the standard 5.8" screen instead of the 7" screen.

What you lose is the Sirius weather, traffic, and the internet connectivity.

The Becker cost is $200 for the factory pre-wire and $600 for the Becker unit

There a great YouTube video by a Mercedes dealer. Google "Mercedes Becker Demo"

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are all Becker modules the same. Seems as if you can get them on eBay all day long for $300-$365.

Is there a specific Becker model number for our cars? Or are the all the same for the 5.8"?

·
Registered
81 Posts
That one I cannot answer. It made sense to me to buy it from the dealer and have them install it.

That way, it's covered under the MD warranty and I know it's the right unit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Becker is a plug in alternative to nav that comes in the media package. It gives you the same features as the media package nav but you have the standard 5.8" screen instead of the 7" screen.

What you lose is the Sirius weather, traffic, and the internet connectivity.

The Becker cost is $200 for the factory pre-wire and $600 for the Becker unit

There a great YouTube video by a Mercedes dealer. Google "Mercedes Becker Demo"

Hope that helps.
Thanks for filling me in! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts