Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helo everyone your thoughts are apreciated .
I have a 2019 GLA CPO with the 120,000 6 year warranty .
Not sure if I should get the extended warranty ? and If I do I Undersatnd that I will have to continue servicing my car with Mercedes ( but does this include brakes and tires)
Thank you so much in advance

·
Super Moderator
2,123 Posts
Your current warranty covers more years and more miles than most people will own a car for.

How much does the extra warranty cost? Does it cover everything? Deductible? Limits? Is it transferable to a new owner? Will it augment the existing warranty?

Using MB rather than an Indie (or DIY) is an extra cost on top of the warranty cost.

Generally the warranter reaps the profits. But not always. This decision depends on your anticipated use and risk tolerance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your current warranty covers more years and more miles than most people will own a car for.

How much does the extra warranty cost? Does it cover everything? Deductible? Limits? Is it transferable to a new owner? Will it augment the existing warranty?

Using MB rather than an Indie (or DIY) is an extra cost on top of the warranty cost.

Generally the warranter reaps the profits. But not always. This decision depends on your anticipated use and risk tolerance.
The cpo covers 120,000 not sure if it covers everything
With fifty dollar deductible
Extended is about 2000 plus for 40,000 km and 2 years 4 for power train

·
Registered
267 Posts
Make sure you read everything carefully because MB Canada warranty is kind of confusing.

You already have 6 years of coverage right?

So essentially, you’re asking if you should upgrade your ‘Star Certified Pre-Owned’ warranty to the ‘Extended Limited’ warranty to get an extra 40k km and more coverage?

I’d look into the differences between what is covered in the ‘Star Certified’ vs ‘Extended Limited’ bc 2k is a lot to pay for 40k km IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
If you want peace of mind, you buy a warranty; that is all you are getting. Put the money in a saving account to pay for major repairs that a warranty would cover. The odds are in your favor; the saving will not be used. You pay the maintenance and wear and tear out of pocket, not the saving account.

You are betting that you will need a major repair that will cost more than a warranty. Any repairs less than the warranty cost are lost to you. Repairing something that cost $1000 and you paid $2000 for a warranty is a loss. The warranty companies in business to make a profit, so the odds are in their favor.

Then what are you going to do? When the extended warranty ends? Buy another?

Reactions: Huey52
1 - 7 of 7 Posts