Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I had my 2016 AMG GLA45 for 3 months now and is now thinking about upgrades. The first two upgrades I plan to do is a mild engine tune and the addition of strut tower.

Since I still have the CPO warranty, I want to have the performance chip instead of the ECU tuning (easy for me to remove the tune when needed). I plan to buy the basic S chip (+14 hp & 33 lb-ft). I am wondering if anyone have experience with this product? How do they perform? Are they reliable (I plan to do some autocross / track / drag race)?

For the strut bar, UltraRacing seems like a random brand. Do anyone have those installed? How is the quality?

Thanks!

RaceChip Link: Performance chips – Chip tuning by RaceChip for MB GLA-Class (X156) GLA 45 AMG (280KW) | RaceChip
Ultra Racing Struct Tower Link: Ultra Racing FRONT STRUT BAR FIT MERCEDES GLA 45 X-156 2.0T 4WD 2Points | eBay

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
141 Posts
Hello everyone,
I had my 2016 AMG GLA45 for 3 months now and is now thinking about upgrades. The first two upgrades I plan to do is a mild engine tune and the addition of strut tower.

Since I still have the CPO warranty, I want to have the performance chip instead of the ECU tuning (easy for me to remove the tune when needed). I plan to buy the basic S chip (+14 hp & 33 lb-ft). I am wondering if anyone have experience with this product? How do they perform? Are they reliable (I plan to do some autocross / track / drag race)?

For the strut bar, UltraRacing seems like a random brand. Do anyone have those installed? How is the quality?

Thanks!

RaceChip Link: Performance chips – Chip tuning by RaceChip for MB GLA-Class (X156) GLA 45 AMG (280KW) | RaceChip
Ultra Racing Struct Tower Link: Ultra Racing FRONT STRUT BAR FIT MERCEDES GLA 45 X-156 2.0T 4WD 2Points | eBay
Lots of YouTube reviews for the race chip, some love, them some don't. actual Performance gains can vary noticeably from manufacturer claims since every car has different specs in reality. you might only get 10hp instead of 14, just because the car is built differently. the GTS Black chip is almost $200 off, you might find better value in that but maybe not.

I can't find anything on UltraRacing on the forum, I haven't heard of that brand. seems like a generic product, I'd take the risk if the price is right. I don't know much about that stuff though so maybe someone else can be of more help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of YouTube reviews for the race chip, some love, them some don't. actual Performance gains can vary noticeably from manufacturer claims since every car has different specs in reality. you might only get 10hp instead of 14, just because the car is built differently. the GTS Black chip is almost $200 off, you might find better value in that but maybe not.

I can't find anything on UltraRacing on the forum, I haven't heard of that brand. seems like a generic product, I'd take the risk if the price is right. I don't know much about that stuff though so maybe someone else can be of more help.
Thanks for your input! The GTS does seems like a good value especially it has the warranty. I will think about it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the TDI tuner in my 2015 GLA45 and have been very happy with it. It definitely gives the car a good increase in power.
Perhaps look at TDI for a tuning box. I have heard lots of positive info...Good pricing, adjustability
I’m gonna see if they make anything for the GLA/CLA250… so many chip tunes are ridiculously overpriced or fake because of brand names or arbitrary performance claims.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the TDI tuner in my 2015 GLA45 and have been very happy with it. It definitely gives the car a good increase in power.
Can someone link the website please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts