Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, as I am new to Mercedes (I know BMW X series and VW Golf well), some options are not clear for me.

Here is my current build : swiss model, code M7809825 (Mercedes-Benz Personenwagen)

- If I take Bi-xenon without intelligent light system, would there still be a light sensor which would adapt the lights automatically (tunnel etc)?
- Is the intelligent light system really worth $900?
- What would you choose between keyless GO, metallic paint and ILS?
- I heard FM will end in 2020. Do you think it will be easy to convert Mercedes FM system to DAB+? Or should I order it now ($600)?
- There is an offer on GLA 200 (automatic 156cv, 131g/km). Do you think it has enoughm power? 0-100km/h 8.1sec seem to be ok.

Another last question I suppose has already been asked but I could not find the answer. If I order my car today and get my car in 2017, would they deliver new 2017 model and refund if 1-2 options become standard (DAB/keyless/etc)?

Thank you very much :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I am only addressing Keyless Go, others here can better comment on your other questions. It is a fantastic system we've had on two other Mercedes. For lady drivers, the safety margin of not having to dig into their purses in parking areas to find a key fob or keys for entry is priceless. For me, the ease of a key fob in my pocket but otherwise not needed is delightful. It is worth every penny of extra cost. Please note on US models there is Keyless Start that is standard equipment...but that is essentially only the start button. Keyless Go is a full RF system for the doors, hatch, ignition. That's not understood by all US customers when ordering or taking delivery. I don't know if that's the case in Europe or Switzerland...two levels of keyless access.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Keyless Start and Go are not standard here.

I am sure to take at least Keyless Start. Good point. If I make my wife dig into her bag each time, maybe she would let me drive this wonderful car more often!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would definitely get ILS, have on my wife's C Class but could not get on my GLA45 in US so went with Bi-Xenon which are WAY better than std halogens but don't move www hen you turn corners. If you find a color you like then give metallic paint (I have the std black paint), for me Keyless Go also a must have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks.

The seller finally called me and said Xenon without ILS have a light sensor and adapt for example in a tunnel.

He also said there is no possible migration from FM to DAB without having important costs so I will have to take DAB.

When you order now, you get 2017 model because it would be produced after August.

Any idea about 1.6L 220 motor (156cv)? Is it really more powerful than 2L 136cv diesel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those who are interested. At equal speeds, Diesel will accelerate more for a short distance. But the other one will go quicker to 100km/h (8.1 sec against 9.1 sec) because it can drive with higher engine rotational speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts