Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the AUDIO FADEOUT functionality work for anyone in a normal use scenario? It does mute the radio a little bit if the difference in volume between navigation and radio is extreme. One of the two very loud or very muted.

This is not how we typically use the system: we have both the radio and the navigation system at a similar volume. But then navigation messages 'compete' with the radio and it is often impossible to understand anything. There is no muting of the radio at all when navigation messages come on. I know that I can manually adjust the volume. But in all cars we had before the Audio Fadeout or Audio Mute was a standard feature and worked just as expected.

I did some searches on various Mercedes forums and this issue has been around for years. Any other insights?

Otherwise we are super happy with our 2016 GLA250. Mountain Grey Metallic with Brown Leather and Anthracite Trim. Sweet!

Thanks,
Dieter

·
Registered
7 Posts
not sure what you're trying to say. are u asking if it works or not?

with mine... it is sometimes annoying when im listening to music and navi just semi-mutes it so that it could tell me its instructions... but i only use navigation when i need to go to an unfamiliar place... which would mean... the instructions would be more important than whatever i was listening to. *shrugs*

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the navigation volume set higher than the radio and memory card volume settings. That works fairly well for me when I use the navigation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The AUDIO FADEOUT setting can be reprogrammed to actually mute the radio when a nav message is played. This works great!

For details contact Tony O'Baoill @ Mercedes-Benz of Boston: [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts