Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and hope everyone is well. Just picked up a 2017 GLA 250 from an auction and i noticed a wire coming out of the dashboard on the driver side. Can anyone pinpoint what exactly is this wire from. I have attached a picture. Trying to fix this car up.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,511 Posts
Perhaps an aftermarket heads up display ... It looks like some opaque tape on the windshield. Does it connect to the OBD II connector under the dash?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. The pins are too small to connect to the OBD II connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh sorry. I misunderstood your response. No, i have not. I can find out thursday since i dropped off the car to get brand new keys made from the dealer.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh sorry. I misunderstood your response. No, I have not. I can find out Thursday since I dropped off the car to get brand new keys made from the dealer.
Key made by the dealer? Strange as I have gotten keys from my dealer on 3 different MB cars bought used and no second key. Showed them proof of ownership and the parts department went out to the car and got the Vin number and ordered the keys. One or two days later stopped by the parts department and picked up the mew key. The key are made and shipped from an MB warehouse where it is programmed for the inv number. The key is delivered all set up and no programming needed by the service department. Think some dealers just claim that it needs programming and charge a fee to do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree. The programming charges from the dealers do not make any sense. I guess its basically their charge for ordering the keys. Its sad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys and gals! Just got the GLA 250 back from the dealer. Seems like the previous owner hooked up some aftermarket wiring which triggered a security mechanism to not make it start. $2100 down and they didnt even detail the car.

But something else came up, the sunroof cover is ripped..do you think that is easy to replace?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts