Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GLA

The 2016 GLA includes a number of new options as well as added standard equipment.

New Infotainment Generation (NTG5) with upgraded standard features:
- Media Interface
- Pre-wiring for Garmin® Map Pilot
- 7" display (upgraded from 5.8")

Otherwise upgraded Standard Equipment:
- KEYLESS-START
- Dual-Zone Climate Control (581)
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- seat cushion length adjustment

KEYLESS-GO becomes part of the Premium Package (also remains stand-alone option)
New Option Multi-color Ambient Lighting (877) – part of Interior Package and stand-alone option
Grey leather (808) replaced by two-tone beige/black leather interior (855)
Introduction of Night Package (only i.c.w. Sport Package 321)
Introduction of Kryptonite Green metallic (175), replacing Universe Blue
180 degree view functionality for Rear View Camera
Power Passenger Seat available as stand-alone option

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ugh now the keyless start becomes standard. 7" display would have been cool too.

Curious about the difference in the 180 degree view of the rear view camera.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 7" display has been available since release, has it not? I have it in my GLA45. I also have Keyless Start in my November 2014 build. Perhaps you're talking about it being standard equipment vs. optional. My guess is that the cost will be built in to the base price then. The infotainment system works very well now, I hope the new version will be equally good and reliable!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think the smaller screen is non-multimedia (in 2015)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello nightscar,

Thank you for the info. I am waiting for mine to be delivered, normally in about a month.

What is your source? When would MY2016 start being produced?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Source is the news & updates in here: Mercedes-Benz USA | Online Newsroom

It's one of the top stories but you have to log in to read it. It also talks about all of the MY2016 line-up.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 7" display has been available since release, has it not? I have it in my GLA45. I also have Keyless Start in my November 2014 build. Perhaps you're talking about it being standard equipment vs. optional. My guess is that the cost will be built in to the base price then. The infotainment system works very well now, I hope the new version will be equally good and reliable!
I think the smaller screen is non-multimedia (in 2015)
This, the non-nav screen is puny and it's not even like the whole set-up is small, it is basically the same size unit but they make the border so huge that is swallows up the screen. Just so disproportionate.

Honestly, even the border on the 7" screen should be smaller, I believe there are screens out there that are practically borderless now. But they definitely could have at least cut that border in half.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I posted this a over on another forum but there has been only a small amount of discussion there on these changes, maybe there will be more action here. My dealer tells me the 7" screen is the new base screen but they are not yet sure if the 8.4 from the CLA will make it into the GLA but they guessed probably yes as the upgrade screen to the multimedia package. I have asked about the possibility of updated DCT programming and they don't know. The dealer said it would not likely be an announced change were it to come because that would clog stalls with previous GLA/CLA cars wanting the upgraded programming. It is however very possible as this is probably one of the largest single complaints with the cars both from owners and in the reviews.

I searched for a picture of the new Green color but didn't hit pay dirt. I was treated to a picture of a hotted up golf cart, a custom painted laptop, and a fairly smoketacular girl in a metallic green bikini so while not successful it was still vaguely interesting. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Things might still change but I figure they might have added that to the description similar to the Keyless-GO in the description.

I do hope it makes it though because the bigger screen looks awesome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
GLA

New Infotainment Generation (NTG5) with upgraded standard features:
- Media Interface
- Pre-wiring for Garmin® Map Pilot
- 7" display (upgraded from 5.8")

Otherwise upgraded Standard Equipment:
- KEYLESS-START
- Dual-Zone Climate Control (581)
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- seat cushion length adjustment
Arg, just ordered a 2015. Would have liked the everything above. However I'm curious to know the price increase on the 2016's.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw in the other thread that you said your order arrives in October, that is still a long way to go and they probably haven't started on your car yet anyways so I'd contact the dealer and as if you can wait til the '16, I don't think it'll be much of a problem, I know many people here who orders a car and ends up not getting it once it arrives in the US. Sure there is a penalty at that point but this early in your order, you can probably switch it up without a problem, not 100% sure though so give your dealership a call.

In another forum someone stated that MY2016 production starts in September so it'll be a longer wait if you go that route but it might be worth it if you like those features. Price increase might not be that drastic, maybe look up the price increase from the '14 CLA to the '15? That might give you a ballpark or range of how much it might go up by?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nightscar,

Thanks for the advice. My GLA's build date is the 2nd week of August. So it will be one of the last produced of the MY2015's. I think I'll keep it. One positive will be if there are any extra incentives in October on the 2015's I'll be able to take advantage of them. Plus my Wife's lease on her BMW X1 is up a few months after so I'll save any extra money for her.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd love to be able to put up my Galaxy S5's operations on the screen. I've got the navigation on my GLA250, but Google Maps is FAR better. Traffic on Nav is marginal at best. Is there any way to mirror my phone on the screen? I was even thinking ChromeCast could plug into the USB port in the center console box.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I haven't been able to find any information on the retrofit of android auto or apple car play to current vehicles without them.

On the pricing I am told by my dealer that he was in turn told the price increase would range from 2 to 5% depending on option choices. I'm guessing everyone knows to take that with a grain of salt being dealer derived information but such as it is...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol You're telling me. Everyone I show my car to are so surprised that I actually have to pull out my keys still to turn the car on. It really should have been standard from the get go when vehicles that is a fraction of the price of the GLA does.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Keyless-Go as standard! Bleah... this is what I get for getting the Sep 2014 production...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Keyless-Go as standard! Bleah... this is what I get for getting the Sep 2014 production...
Ive been watching the 14 to 15 CLA45 prices, the keyless go price is added to the base msrp cost , but the feature is added as part of premium package.

So yea if you dont order premium pkg you're paying more for a bare bone model.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Keyless Start is standard, Keyless Go is part of the Premium Package.

Keyless Start is just the start button so you don't have to put the key in the car and you still have to unlock/lock the car via keyfob.

Keyless-GO allows you to unlock/lock the door by just touching the door handles and start the car by pushing the Keyless Start button, no need to take the keys out of your pocket.

I know the two can be confusing the way they named it, another reason why the Keyless Start (that **** button) should be standard through all of MBs line-up.

Either way, while not a deal breaker, would have been nice to be part of the MY2015 as I do have the premium package anyways (I think all cars in the dealership has at least the premium package, you got to order one bone stock to not have that package in the car).

·
Registered
694 Posts
Better sooner than later, sometimes I think they have to save things for future production years, can't throw everything in all at once.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts