Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2019 GLA 45 AMG
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my GLA45 a few months ago and started making changes as soon as I got it home. I really liked the styling of the A45 hatchback but we can't get that in the states.

I sent a bunch of stuff to paint a few weeks ago, and finished putting it back together over the weekend. Very happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

Super Moderator
One of my favorite silver colors, especially for a Benz. I'm not usually a black wheel fan but it completes this overall look very nicely. Well done!!

And I'm just as impressed (and admittedly envious) of your garage!! 馃槈

Registered
That's nice ! (y)

Registered
Wow, that looks great! Somehow, the pics make it look longer and sleeker. Very nice!

Registered
I bought my GLA45 a few months ago and started making changes as soon as I got it home. I really liked the styling of the A45 hatchback but we can't get that in the states.

I sent a bunch of stuff to paint a few weeks ago, and finished putting it back together over the weekend. Very happy with how it turned out. View attachment 26895 View attachment 26896 View attachment 26897 View attachment 26898 View attachment 26899
View attachment 26901
did you just paint all the plastic side skirts? I would really like to do that to my car?

Registered
2019 GLA 45 AMG
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you just paint all the plastic side skirts? I would really like to do that to my car?
More or less, yes. All of the textured plastic was sanded smooth and primed several times before paint. I disassembled everything and took the parts to a body shop to do the paintwork

Super Moderator
All paint jobs are 95% preparation and yours was obviously resultant of much attention to detail. Again, very well done!!
More or less, yes. All of the textured plastic was sanded smooth and primed several times before paint. I disassembled everything and took the parts to a body shop to do the paintwork

1 - 7 of 7 Posts