Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I got into the car and began driving in the hot afternoon sun of SoCal, AC blasting, windows down, sunroof open to cool off car.....as soon as car cooled of hit buttons to roll up windows and close sunroof, strange noise-I look up and sunroof is over shot the close position!

I pulled over in a panic was afraid the whole thing would go flying! Tried to mess around with it and was able to get it back under to the full open position, but if I tried to close it came out off the track.

Ended up calling dealership and because I work on a military base (where I was at the time) having Mercedes roadside assistance wasn't really an option (wasn't sure they could get on base).

Felt ok with sunroof open, seemed secure enough, so I drove to dealership. Calmed down by the time I got there and figured I had kinda blown the whole thing outta proportion and they would tell me no problem......well they tried to close it and were hooting about how crazy it was that the sunroof was coming off!!

Coincidentally I had an appointment the next day for the first 10,000 mile scheduled visit. Dealership was extremely nice and handed me a loaner car and sent me on my way (GLC 300, bigger, drives ok, kinda boring looking).

Back and forth for last few days now telling me they hope to have it done by Friday.

Anybody else had any problems or heard of this with the sunroof? Really freaked me out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No! Not yet :/ (only at 1,700 miles). I live/drive in so cal (los angeles) under the same conditions! And open my sunroof 99 percent of the day! What dealer did you take it to? Hopefully they will provide some kind of explanation. I have always been pleased on how smoothly the sunroof opens!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in North San Diego, took car to the Carlsbad dealership. Hopefully when I pick it up they will provide me with info that gives me a warm fuzzy to use the sunroof again. I love the sunroof and have had the car almost 1 year, never an issue, one touch open/close. Living in SoCal use it every day.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yikes! The worst I've ever had with any of my MBs has been the sunroof getting stuck on some crap that got in there and it just needed the reset procedure. That's pretty easy to do with just pushing a couple buttons, and worth looking up in the manual in case you need to do it under pressure, like when it's starting to rain and it won't close!

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I live in North San Diego, took car to the Carlsbad dealership. Hopefully when I pick it up they will provide me with info that gives me a warm fuzzy to use the sunroof again. I love the sunroof and have had the car almost 1 year, never an issue, one touch open/close. Living in SoCal use it every day.

What was the outcome on your sunroof repair?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts