Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up yesterday and spent most of the day etc. detailing and reading…lot to learn but getting there. All major COMMAND setting done etc.

Anyway, it is a nice day here in Jupiter so the required pics…enjoy (I know I am :D )

I like the extra instrumentation in the DIC

Engine builders signature

Reactions: Angloman and ZomZom

·
Registered
470 Posts
Very nice!

Cognrats!

Not a color you see a lot but it looks great!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Nice colour and congrats on the ride!! The wait is definitely worth it! :)

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Cheers!!!! Love that color

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lovely looking in that colour combination, wheels are probably the best looking in the gla range... not available in EU at present
your turbo cover is different aswell... black square could be a Mercedes update similar to design by weistec for cooling as try to open bonnet after a good drive is extremely foolhardy due to the heat around that area...

Passenger side seat has a magnet inside the leather half way up the side to attach the passenger side seatbelt to, stop it from making noises and hitting the sides during a spirited drive ha ha lol

It is a weistec, you have the full down and midpipe on :) if so how better is it, only have the Renntech which makes the car totally different in many ways than one...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Try this might work on US spec vehicles
Convenient Closing feature :
Convenient Closing feature for sunroof and windows click lock button and click again hold button until sunroof and windows are fully closed... you have to do it on drivers side... pointing at drivers handle for it to work well.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Passenger side seat has a magnet inside the leather half way up the side to attach the passenger side seatbelt to, stop it from making noises and hitting the sides during a spirited drive ha ha lol
I absolutely have no idea that there was a magnet there! I immediately ran down to the garage and tried it and it works, there IS a magnet there.

Great! No more irritating sounds! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I absolutely have no idea that there was a magnet there! I immediately ran down to the garage and tried it and it works, there IS a magnet there.

Great! No more irritating sounds! :)

Thanks!
I tried it but appears the AMG Performance seats do not have it or I missed something. Cool idea though :cool:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weistec turbo shield… I did switch out the OEM shield, but did not do the down pipe etc. due to not knowing how strict Mercedes Benz would be on performance mods and warranty.

Here is the engine with the tupperware cover popped off and the OEM heat shield>>

Heat shield removes easily and exposes a rather substantial turbo>>

This is the Weistec turbo shield as delivered>>>

I decided I want more of a black look since many of the bits in the engine bay are black, so I sent the shield out to a automotive parts coater and had a exhaust header ceramic coating done…called Ceramic 2000 deg satin black>>>

·
Registered
61 Posts
Performance seats have the magnet top side just search with the seat belt and will attach to magnet, works on my fine.

Your heat shield looks ace :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks… also thanks for the prod…went back and searched more (I was looking too low in the seat back) and found the magnet. Cool

·
Registered
63 Posts
I noticed that the underside of the hood has no insulation whatsoever. Cries out for Dynamat.Here's a shot of my truck hood. took about 30 minutes to apply, it was easy.

·
Registered
355 Posts
SSBGLA45: Seems like you found the magnet!

I went down and I took a photo as well.

Very nice "easter egg"! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love that color. If I hadn't gotten an Edition 1' which is Cirrus White, I was going to get this color. I'm jealous because you have an AMG.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts