Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Toronto, Canada.

Just picked up my new 2016 GLA and had fun with the car for the last couple of days. Still learning the bells and whistles of all the features. I tried to upload some photos but unfortunately, the process did not work, maybe the jpg files are too large!! I can see the photo appearing in the box for a few seconds but then the box becomes empty again.

Anyway, I have learned to use the voice command and it is pretty cool. As I was slowing down on the street when approaching traffic lights and while the car stopped at the red light, I notice a small blue icon on the screen with a black P. I didn't know what it is until much later. I think it is because I have the parktronic on and it is telling me the car has found parking spots, even though no parking is allowed on the street!!!

One thing I have not figured out is the power tailgate. I know I can stop the tailgate in any position so that the tailgate will not hit my garage door when it is opened, but I cannot store this position because when I am in front of a grocery store and have to open the tailgate, it will open to the full again, so when I got home, I have to remember to watch and stop the tailgate otherwise it will hit the ceiling.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to our forum Joe. Lots of information here, the search box on the upper right is where to start.

On your tailgate, did you do the double click on the tailgate button as it's opening? I believe that's the solution. You'll notice the traditional printed operator's manual is fairly thin. There's more in-depth detail from your GLA's digital opeartor's manual on the information console. It's not too intuitive at first and kind of a pain to use until you catch on to how it sorts, then it gets easier.

On your photos, were you working from the Manage Attachments button on the lower left in the Advanced Mode? Sometimes you have to give it a moment to upload, though it looks like nothing is happening.

We look forward to hearing more about your GLA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts