Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Figured I'd post some pics of my rear seat delete too. I haven't formally weighed these parts yet, but the bigger seat-back is pretty darn heavy. Acceleration with so much deleted, (including the big rear muffler) has really made this car fun! I realize most of you wouldn't bother with deleting so much, but I do not have children, & I regularly fill my GLA to the top with gear. I love this little CUV. :)

I also wanted this out in cyberspace so that someone else can see what is possible if they are planning any deletes for themselves.

I should probably post a pic with the cover on, where my scooter is. it looks less extreme with everything in place besides the seat backs being gone LOL

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you feel like the bumper shouldn't be at that height? Do you think that yours is defective?

LOL, no just showing the progressive changes to the vehicle as I mod:nerd:

It's just another way of approaching modifications for this platform and I think it's important to have these sorts of projects searchable on the web.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know a lot of current and future members will be really thankful for this as getting a greater sense for what you can haul along with you, helps. especially when done like this with a whole row of seats removed. Great if someone has to move something from their home for example and stumbles across this!

When do you think you'll get around to weighing all that you removed?

Do you feel like the bumper shouldn't be at that height? Do you think that yours is defective?
I LOL'ed hard from this comment

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know a lot of current and future members will be really thankful for this as getting a greater sense for what you can haul along with you, helps. especially when done like this with a whole row of seats removed. Great if someone has to move something from their home for example and stumbles across this!

When do you think you'll get around to weighing all that you removed?

I LOL'ed hard from this comment
;) LOL

Absolutely, I do plan to weigh these parts and will post ASAP

Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey Boris!

Just checking if the reason for removing the rear seats was because yours didn't come with the foldable rear seats?

Have a great weekend!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Boris!

Just checking if the reason for removing the rear seats was because yours didn't come with the foldable rear seats?

Have a great weekend!
My seats do indeed fold. :|

·
Registered
817 Posts
Boris…did you measure a height prior to the deletes? Just curious how much (if any) the height increased due to less weight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love following the progress you are making with your mods. Over the course of the four years I had my 370Z, I was constantly doing things to it. It's all part of the journey and a lot of fun (and expensive some times!) :D

Interesting that you mentioned front bumper height, as that was the main driver to giving up my Z. The front bumper was MAYBE 4" off the ground! :eek:

I'm going to take it easy with the GLA. My "mods" have ben limited so far to AMG tire valve stem caps, stainless steel door lock pins, and AMG pedals. LOL!

I am thinking about the AMG grille, but we'll see. This is such a fantastic little car. I love the build quality, the suspension tuning, and the overall look. It's comfortable, relatively quiet (if you ever drove a Z or MINI, you would understand the "relatively" comment), and roomy.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boris…did you measure a height prior to the deletes? Just curious how much (if any) the height increased due to less weight.
If I recall correctly, I think I was at 10" of clearance prior. But I find it hard to believe I went up 2.5"????? I think I made a measuring or recording mistake:(

I need to measure my wife's bumper height.... Anyone else have the base bumpers to measure?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sports package AMG wheels. 10" to light grey center portion of bumper. 9" to dark grey portion of bumper on the either side. If I eye ball farther back stuff hangs down farther back on the car. Probably that 8" clearance.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I measure 8 inches too for sport package and AMG wheels. The wife's GLK has 9 inches ground clearance.

But, best in class at my house is the 1938 Chevrolet, 10 inches.

Reactions: Boris_Balkan

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Here's the '38, finished and in process.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts