·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lookin' good my friend. Do you turn heads driving down the street? Have you seen many other GLAs in your area?
Thanks. I don't notice much if the car turns heads because of the looks but I notice some being scared of the sound hehe. The guys at the shop I got the wheels installed were all enjoying the exhaust sound, almost everyone asked if it was aftermarket.

There was also one guy on a stop who signaled me to put my windows down and then he asked what vehicle it was, it seems like no one knows what it is, doesn't help that I debadged it.

Many are also confused why it's deemed an SUV lol. I honestly do not even think I am going to lower it anymore because it's already low (wheel gap is very minimal). I do love it, that for the first time in the longest time, I do not have to worry about scraping on bumps or driveways without sacrificing power and driving enjoyment.

As for how many i've seen, maybe 2 GLA250s in the past month or so and no GLA45s at all. I've stated it before but again that is surprising considering I am in Los Angeles. I'm still enjoying being a rare breed around here.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always loved that subtle Recaro branding touch on the seat, which was done in a way that greatly goes with what should be in an MB.
Great touch indeed, also love the simple little AMG plaque that doesn't scream right in your face.

·
Registered
356 Posts
As always a beautiful ride! Show some updated photos with your new shoes too!

I have not noticed another GLA 45 on the road in Singapore since it was launched in Sep-Oct 2014 but in past 2 weeks that I was in HK, I saw one white GLA 45 zooming by! :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks. I don't notice much if the car turns heads because of the looks but I notice some being scared of the sound hehe. The guys at the shop I got the wheels installed were all enjoying the exhaust sound, almost everyone asked if it was aftermarket.

There was also one guy on a stop who signaled me to put my windows down and then he asked what vehicle it was, it seems like no one knows what it is, doesn't help that I debadged it.

Many are also confused why it's deemed an SUV lol. I honestly do not even think I am going to lower it anymore because it's already low (wheel gap is very minimal). I do love it, that for the first time in the longest time, I do not have to worry about scraping on bumps or driveways without sacrificing power and driving enjoyment.

As for how many i've seen, maybe 2 GLA250s in the past month or so and no GLA45s at all. I've stated it before but again that is surprising considering I am in Los Angeles. I'm still enjoying being a rare breed around here.
In some ways it looks more like a hatchback than a SUV. Cool that the exhaust note is turning heads though. I like to hear that. Glad you are enjoying it in a huge car culture like LA has.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is definitely more of a hatch than an SUV/CUV. The US government doesn't even consider the GLA45 an SUV because it doesn't qualify for the clearance needed to be called an SUV or light truck. lol

It's just MB that insists in calling an SUV/CUV so I do too when asked. hehe

·
Registered
197 Posts
I kinda like the taller stature, it makes it easier for old men like me to get in and out of the car. I think the car looks great despite its odd neither here nor there look that's exacerbated by the (IMO ugly) cladding which they hoped would trick us Pesky Americans into thinking a passenger car was an SUV. God knows no true blue red blooded American would ever own a hatchback. ;)

About that cladding... At the dealer I was looking at a white specimen and a fellow who was also on the hunt commented that the car looked much better in the white, red, and other colors that set off the cladding. I think it looks much better in the dark colors that hide it like scars example. I was almost thinking of starting a thread on the question of cladding, love it or hate it, but I didn't think there is enough traffic here to get a good sample.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not 100% sure what you mean by "cladding"? COuld you emphasize on it more?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Think Pontiac Aztek, that plastic stuff around the bottom.
Ahh ok, I see which part you mean. I get what you are saying but yeah it doesn't bother me, maybe because it kind of blends in and integrates with the side sill/skirt? Probably also helps that I have a black car but even with the white, I always thought it was a nice contrast.

I get it though, it is there to make it seem more like an SUV/CUV.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah exactly, some seem to like the contrast (like Doc) or that it sets off the lighter colors, others don't. I'd be in the latter group and I noticed a few of the reviews commented on it unfavorably where others didn't mention it. It's a preference thing so its all good.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
one more for a lil' bit of the backside

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.