Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 GLA45 AMG "corporate car" about 2 months ago, and so far it's spent more time in the shop than in my possession.

There are rattles coming from everywhere it seems. First the sunroof has was knocking around rather loudly. Then I started noticing noticing a very annoying metallic buzzing coming from the back. Then my seat started creaking, and my front passenger door buzzes and rattles. And whenever I go over bumps the center stack rattles as well!

I seriously can't believe this car has a Mercedes badge on it! I've never owned such a shoddily built car in my life. I've taken it to the dealership 4 times now, every time they keep the thing for a week and nothing gets fixed. I've taken it 2 different dealerships and have gotten the same run around. I drove with a tech had him confirm every one of these **** sounds, and confirm that it isn't normal (which is what the dealership I bought the car from insisted).

So far they've replaced the driver side speaker, even though i repeatedly told them its a passenger side issue, replaced the screen, and "took some rocks" out of the exhaust. Nothing is fixed, within 10 minutes of driving every rattle came back.

Is there anything Mercedes corporate can do here? I'm sick of paying so much money for a car that sounds like an 80's econobox when you drive it! Since I'm the 2nd owner, do I have an recourse under the lemon laws? I know this is mostly a rant, but I'm beyond frustrated here.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've had my 2015 45AMG for about 8 months. It's a sporty car and as such rides firmer, but mine is nothing like what you've experienced. I came out of a Porsche and truthfully the GLA is just the same. Did you test drive the car before you bought it, and I don't mean once around the block. For every car I've bought I get the dealer to give me one to drive for usually a few days. Even had one for a week. You said you went to 2 de as let's, you need to go to the selling dealer and not bounce around. Take a written list of issues and give the service manager a copy and have him go for a test drive with you. Check what they write on the service order as compared to your list. Rattles are tough but there's no reason they can't find and fix. Lastly, was it considered a demo and you're the first registered owner or are you the second owner? There's a big difference from what the dealer and MB should do. Rattles are usually first owner issues they should take care off. Good luck

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does corporate car mean you bought it from a company as opposed to a dealer?

·
Registered
503 Posts
yeah my 45 with 17000k on it was the most $$$ car i've bought used and the noises are there, i was hopping that this not gonna happen with $67450 car :(
still love it, but its should not be happening with MB.

19" wheels and lower tire pressure only hope, dealers dont do ****.

good luck to you man.
C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts