Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the OEM mud flaps on their GLA? Curious to see what they look like installed; do they make a difference?

Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
OEM mud flaps actually exist for GLA?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I actually considered ordering them on mine, but apparently they don't fit if you have the Sport Package.

drilled rotors > clean car

·
Registered
123 Posts
You may be able to get some aftermarket ones if you really want a set but I would just periodically bring it into the car wash.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was just going to get them to hopefully reduce the frequency of car wash visits, but there's a good full service hand wash less than a mile from home that has unlimited washes for a reasonable monthly amount, so I may just do that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Whatever benefit they provide just seem to me to be completely made null since they look so ugly. Only for trucks and semis in my opinion.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was just going to get them to hopefully reduce the frequency of car wash visits, but there's a good full service hand wash less than a mile from home that has unlimited washes for a reasonable monthly amount, so I may just do that.
Sounds like a better idea than mud flaps especially in the winter where you need to wash your car more frequently due to the salt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like a better idea than mud flaps especially in the winter where you need to wash your car more frequently due to the salt.
You're assuming I live somewhere where we actually get ice enough to worry about salt on the roads,

·
Registered
272 Posts
Even with the mud flaps you would still have to go to the car wash pretty frequently. I don't think they will be a panacea for all your winter driving woes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You're assuming I was buying them for anything having to do with winter and/or anything having to do with not washing my car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can you please get the ones with Yosemite Sam on them? If they're not available, can you get the chrome lady silhouette?

All kidding aside, what is the attraction of mud flaps on a car like the GLA? Are you rallying home every day on a gravel road?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm totally going for the chrome girls.

I have no idea what the factory mud flaps even look like for the GLA, but have seen others that are painted to match the vehicle on the side not exposed to the wheel well and just assumed that Mercedes would go that route. I would never add them if they were just black rubber flaps.

I was considering them 1) so I don't have to perform as many evasive maneuvers and detours to avoid sprinkler runoff while driving around town, as I live in the middle of town and do very little highway driving except on weekends, so we're forever finding ourselves with a freshly washed car driving through sprinkler runoff and spotting up the sides of the car. That wouldn't happen or would be much less noticeable with mud flaps.

Also, I am getting a GLA 250 with 4MATIC for occasional light off-road use where mud flaps may save the sides of my car from some rock chips, etc.

If there were tastefully done (shaped and painted to match, rigid) mudflaps that worked with the sport package, I would certainly consider them because I'm much more concerned with preserving the finish of my car than what random people on the intertubes think about mudflaps. I will not, however, just throw generic floppy rubber mudflaps on it, so you can rest easily knowing that I hope.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just took the time to search for a photo of them since they aren't pictured on the Mercedes site last I checked.

Apparently they are rigid, but generic black plastic, which I'm guessing is not paintable, so I'd have passed anyhow.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just took the time to search for a photo of them since they aren't pictured on the Mercedes site last I checked.

Apparently they are rigid, but generic black plastic, which I'm guessing is not paintable, so I'd have passed anyhow.
You might be able to wrap it. Just need to make sure it's cleaned up well, just as you would do to paint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts