Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This car is almost completely commuter for me, 50% highway.

If I drive conservatively to game the MPG, I can get 27ish.
If I drive without regard to MPG, fun acceleration, I get 25ish
If I go on a long trip on the highway, I get 35+.

I have a GLA250 2WD

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is what I got today, with more than a little shifting between 4-5-6-7 on the highway for break-in with a quarter of the miles on back roads and a quarter in some traffic with stop and goes. Only half way through the break-in miles. Very impressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
40 mpg

There is someone in Portland, Oregon with a 250 matic GLA averaging 26.1 mpg. What are others seeing?
I do a mix of city and highway driving. I have approx 3400 miles on it to date, and averaging 30mpg. My 16 mile drive to work today registered an all time high of 40.5mpg!!! See attached pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do a mix of city and highway driving. I have approx 3400 miles on it to date, and averaging 30mpg. My 16 mile drive to work today registered an all time high of 40.5mpg!!! See attached pic!
I have been averaging at 30 mpg around 2 K miles, one thing I noticed mpg does vary with kind of fuel used Bjs Premium vs Shell Nitro

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a GLA250 FWD.
Calculated average fuel use after 2,000 miles is 28 mpg.
My display is also over reading by about 1 mpg.
That's mostly been 30 mile commuting at 30 mph average with A/C always on.
I'm in a hot climate so auto stop useless because the car heats up too quickly.
On a normal commute the display can average 36 mpg if I keep the revs down with a really light foot but that game gets boring.
On one longer trip, 200 miles at around 70 mph the indicated average got to 38 mpg.

·
Registered
179 Posts
First two tanks of fuel on my CLA45, I averaged 24.3 mpg. I also miss my CLA250 which averaged 28.26 over the two years that I had it but I can live with the 24 for the extra power of the 45.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was driving down from the mountain after a day on the slopes and was clocking over 50mpg! I should have taken a photo but the road was a little windy. Oh well...

61 - 71 of 71 Posts