Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this episode of Head 2 Head, Jonny Lieberman travels out to the wilds of the Anza Borrego desert with the goal of figuring out which small, sporty, pricey, German SUV is best: the Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG or the Porsche Macan Turbo. But it’s not the off-road trails that Jonny’s interested in – the AMG may very well be allergic to dirt – but rather the serpentine road that climbs up, and then up some more. These two may look like SUVs, but they’re much closer to sports cars. Packing 400-horsepower, will the Porsche’s 45-horsepower advantage beat out the smaller, lighter, and still plenty powerful, GLA45? Or will the jacked-up red hatchback from Affalterbach put a beat-down on a genuine Porsche Turbo? There’s only one way to find out!
17 minutes of Macan Turbo and GLA45 AMG goodness....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Love watching the video…CAN NOT look more forward to getting the GLA45. Hot hatch (not this SUV/CUV BS) that is fun…what can you say more? :)>:D

cics...Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love watching the video…CAN NOT look more forward to getting the GLA45. Hot hatch (not this SUV/CUV BS) that is fun…what can you say more? :)>:D

cics...Thanks for posting!
Glad to hear that :D
If there is any room left to appreciate the GLA45 AMG even more, this video will do it, MotorTrend yet again delivers great informative and entertaining content.

They also get crazy with both German powerhouses with the help of local troopers that close off the road way they're on in both directions ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just saw it a couple hours ago and held my breath until Johnny announced the GLA the winner! Pretty impressive with the GLA costing 20k less!

GLA also beat the Macan Turbo in pretty much all performance categories in Road&Track recently.

I disagree with Johnny on one point... I think the GLA is better looking. Subjective I know. I looked at both and I am happy with choosing the Benz. ImageUploadedByAG Free1425509652.410938.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1425509680.266198.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1425509719.804651.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
84 Posts
To be honest both cars are really good, it is just that they are for different people. The GLA for the sportier type , the Macan for the comfier (and 60% richer!!) type ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest both cars are really good, it is just that they are for different people. The GLA for the sportier type , the Macan for the comfier (and 60% richer!!) type ;)
I agree.
One department where the Macan gets a clear win for me is with looks, I can't get enough of it!

·
Registered
816 Posts
That's interesting comment about the Macan on "looks"…I just am not warming up to it…to me it is so Porsche formula generic which looks so close to VW SUVs. It leaves me flat… of course that is what makes things interesting when it comes to opinions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I strongly prefer the looks of the GLA, inside & out.

Reactions: UnknownAMG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Speaking of Macan, last month Porsche sold so many Macan and Cayenne models in the US, Porsche is now officially the SUV company happens to also sell cars.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Speaking of Macan, last month Porsche sold so many Macan and Cayenne models in the US, Porsche is now officially the SUV company happens to also sell cars.
To be fair, I think that is happening to most companies. If they don't sell an SUV now, they are preparing to sell one soon. Lamborghini is making an SUV. Bentley is making an SUV. Jaguar is making an SUV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts