Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Nice read. Seems like the reviewers really do like the GLA.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does the 45 have a different suspension than the 250? I know the body and engine are different, but I'm not sure about the suspension.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Can't be mad about that! :D

I still find it crazy that MT manages to pull a 4.3sec 0-60, a full half second MB estimates.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Put a Stage 1 Renntech or Rebellion for 414 bhp !!! and drives totally different from standard, should of left the factory like this one very fast stealth machine :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
That would have been nice to come out off the factory with 400+ hp but **** it probably makes MB nervous to warranty such a car.

Most are already amazed at what they are able to pull out of a 2liter engine and actually back it up with a warranty, it would be insane if they can pull out 200hp per liter in that 4banger and still cover it for 4-years/50k miles.

Reactions: AMGz

·
Registered
694 Posts
That would have been nice to come out off the factory with 400+ hp but **** it probably makes MB nervous to warranty such a car.

Most are already amazed at what they are able to pull out of a 2liter engine and actually back it up with a warranty, it would be insane if they can pull out 200hp per liter in that 4banger and still cover it for 4-years/50k miles.
Exactly. Problems are what they don't want to set themselves up for, especially when they are the ones paying the bill for it. Almost always best to have a detuned enigne.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does the 45 have a different suspension than the 250? I know the body and engine are different, but I'm not sure about the suspension.
Yup, the 45 has an AMG suspension, which is both stiffer and 15mm lower than standard suspension.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yup, the 45 has an AMG suspension, which is both stiffer and 15mm lower than standard suspension.
Thanks. It's tough because a lot of these reviews feature the 45, not the 250, so when they talk about ride you can't really compare the two. That said, I have no problem with the 250's ride.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just search reviews on youtube, there are about the same amount of reviews between the 250 and 45.

·
Registered
694 Posts
With the growing amount of 250's out there, I bet there will be a sufficient amount of reviews on them, whether that be from owners or publications.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts