Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Great to hear and i am happy for that but it does kind of suck that it get an immediate power increase after one year (GLA-wise), might have waited had I known. I know it's a minor change and not noticeable unless you track the car (which I might in the future) but along with the new standard features (keyless start), it would have made it more attractive to go with 2016s instead.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The power is welcome but the adjustable dampers and new engine and shifting controls are the biggies in my mind. The shorter gears will help as well and probably be felt more than the power bump. I'll be curious to see if we get the 8.4" screen as we know the base screen has switched to the 7" but I think its possible that it might be tied into the facelift which Tobias said we are not getting at the same time.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think the 8.4" screen will be tied with the Nav upgrade and the 7" becomes the standard.

I am curious about the shift points change, hoping it's simply a software upgrade.

Reactions: Adolini

·
Registered
197 Posts
They have gone to shorter gearing in 3rd through 7th and have revised the shift programming which had to happen since the car now goes to the same system as the C63 AMG (etc) where you have the normal, sport, sport+ and race along with an individual setting where you can set up everything the way you want it and call it up in one shot as a mode. You get more granular settings since you can control shift speed, steering effort, engine response, dampening, (it looks like you will need to select the adjustable dampers in a package) separately. Overall they claim the car can shift harder and faster on its most aggressive setting but I've not seen that quantified anywhere yet. We'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts