Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, long time lurker here ive mainly been on the Fb page. I have a 2015 gla 45 and I love it. I have a downpipe to a straight pipe to the rear muffler, a weistec BOV, and an AMS intake. My next step is most likely tuning or wrapping. I just want to know what you guys would recommend for tuning, I've heard rebellion and tork are good and weistec and renntech are a bit pricey. Any good recommendations? thank you !

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hey all, long time lurker here ive mainly been on the Fb page. I have a 2015 gla 45 and I love it. I have a downpipe to a straight pipe to the rear muffler, a weistec BOV, and an AMS intake. My next step is most likely tuning or wrapping. I just want to know what you guys would recommend for tuning, I've heard rebellion and tork are good and weistec and renntech are a bit pricey. Any good recommendations? thank you !
Rebellion went OOB years ago, never heard of tork,
since you have gen1, mebbe weistec over renn, mebbe otherwise a tossup from my limited perspective

·
Registered
235 Posts
Renntech has the option of not pulling and sending the ECU, they have a plug in module you can switch from stock to tune easliy. This is what I'd do if I decide to get one. I have the weistec anti surge and AMS intake too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If I only had downpipe, AMS intake, and BOV as mods, (in fact I have only AMS), I would go for a piggyback tune. Install and removal is too easy, and the bang for buck is best.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Tork is the best , John is actual mechanic who made tune himslef anf not using someone eles set up like AMR in CT or other tuners. trust me i used earochated, amr and Tork is the best and the cheapest i think. the renntech and weis both just a name you spend money for lesser results.
do it and you ll be thanking me for a long time

·
Registered
2015 GLA45 AMG
3 Posts
Hey! I have an appointment set on Thursday for a Stage 1 tune. I am going to a reputable tuner and they are going to use a Gintani tune. Supposedly, it has a 100hp/120torque increase. I am also doing a before and after dyno. All I have changed on my car is a high airflow intake filter. I will update you when I get it tuned!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey! I have an appointment set on Thursday for a Stage 1 tune. I am going to a reputable tuner and they are going to use a Gintani tune. Supposedly, it has a 100hp/120torque increase. I am also doing a before and after dyno. All I have changed on my car is a high airflow intake filter. I will update you when I get it tuned!
i have the car for 4 years and never heard about gintani tune, sounds like a generic one and not designed base of your data logs like tork , good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts