Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I will cross-post this to the CLA forum since it would be the same question and part numbers for us all.

I am very envious of people who live in other countries because they get lots of options (like all the data you can get from the Mercedes ME adapter, cool folding mirrors, etc). One of these great options would be the "stowage package" where you get, among other things, bungie nets on the back of your front seats! Apparently, Americans don't deserve to know anything about our cars and we don't know how to read maps so why would we carry any? OK, I am of German descent, have driven on the Autobahn, and YES, compared to them we are a nation of ninnies who know nothing about driving and we don't deserve all the wonders of German engineering. But, they sell us the cars and we buy them anyway so I should stop complaining about how we're treated like undeserving stepchildren.

So, knowing those bungie nets for the back of seats exist, I became desperate for a part number so I could maybe find someone in a country that's allowed to have them order some for me. Wow, what a scavenger hunt! I found this part which is the seat back cover with the net attached already, but as you can see it has been discontinued.

Because the seat cover panel part is shared for both GLA and CLA (at least through 2020?), I put CLA VIN #s into the EPC (which I still cannot figure out how to use very effectively), and I found my way to this diagram, but as you can see when I click on the net in the picture (# 540 in the diagram) I don't get a part number I get "Item no. not valid for this model designation".

So, I guess I'd have to find a VIN from a Latin American or other delivery destination that happens to have the stowage package to get the VIN in order to put that in the system and be allowed to find out this part number?

Does anyone have 1.) this part number, or 2.) access to a VIN for a CLA or GLA that shipped with the "stowage" package? I'd love all the part numbers from that package. The front bungie net would be awesome too. But, my current quest is for the seat bungie net OR even the back seat cover with the bungie net already attached (the discontinued thing, part # 24691015008L36).

I would be happy to share my findings with everyone here in case you too are interested in carrying a paper map or a pack of tissues in a pocket on the back of your seat like I have been able to in every Audi, VW, BMW, and probably most American cars I've ever owned! (sorry, am I complaining again?)

·
Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
Just as a note, in 2016 when we ordered our 2017 GLA45 the under the front seat bins were not offered in the USA. Canada yes. USA no. But when I contacted the dealer parts department their computer showed all parts in all countries. And they could order those parts. So we got an under the front seat bin, direct from the USA dealer.

It might be worth giving them a shot.

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
Similarly I ordered a collapsible stowage box with a Mercedes logo from my local dealer's parts department. Paid more than a non-logo'd of course but ....

Good luck Christine. (y)

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you, AMGowner! I went looking for VIN #s and finally found something that appeared to have the net but it was for a 200 (not available in the USA but seeming to have most of the same internal parts). I also couldn't find it in Beige. Finally, I found the part in beige, but it was for 2015-17 B250e which had a different part number for the back panel so that made me a little nervous to order (apparently that back panel has some cool trays/drink holders that can snap into it). I was still hesitant to pull the trigger to order when I would have to pay a restocking fee to return it if it didn't work.

HOWEVER, your VIN worked for a GLA and confirmed that I had the right part number after all! I am have ordered from AutoHaus in Peoria, Nevermind that, AutoHaus just canceled my order without explanation. I guess I'll try somewhere else. I sure hope they're not globally unavailable!

2x 246-910-15-01-8L36 (the last four numbers being the color code, of course).

I will return here once I receive them to confirm for everyone that they will fit. So, if anyone is thinking of getting these for their car, you might want to wait to hear back from me so no one else has to risk a return.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So if I follow this correct.. you need two different part #'s.. one being the backseat cover that accepts the net, and then a separate part # for the net itself.

It seems that:
2469101500 (with a 4 digit alphanumeric color code at the end) is the seat back that accepts the netting
2469101501 (with the same code) is the seat net

9H68 is black
7H52 is grey
8L36 is beige

Looks like the seat back is available in just black and grey:

Looks like the net is available in all three colors:

If you're set on doing this (and it seems like you are) then maybe black seat backs with the beige net would be the best look IMO.

Good luck

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh-oh, I hope I don't need to order both parts because I just found an MB dealer in Nebraska who is ordering 2x 246-910-15-01-8L36 from Germany for me, which I was assuming is the plastic trim with the net. I was not planning to replace the seat back itself. I was hoping the existing back will accept the trim once I remove it, drill holes for the trim/net combination, and reinstall it. I had found (and cross-posted my request to) this thread on the CLA form and I am assuming that I can do what user jmc illustrated so beautifully there, using the existing seat back, a drill, and some hardware to hold the bracket on from the back of the seatback. The B250e photo that I found had these in it (there is where I found why the seatback part number is different as it has those little tray/cupholder thingies) shows beige trim with a black net. I think it looks great like that.

The color options you report are consistent with the part numbers I originally found for the GLA's in other countries (thanks to your help with the VIN). Apparently, the beige interior + stowage package wasn't an option anywhere in the world. But, the part number for the item was the same as the part number for the B250e, which did come with a beige interior option. Combining this information is what lead me to the part number I have ordered.

Do I go a little deep on these projects? Absolutely. I think the scavenging and the piecing together of otherwise random bits of information must appeal to me. I figure that I'll try one seat from start-to-finish before doing the other, and if I end up clobbering the seat back at least I can replace that for around $50 (although, now I'm intrigued because it sounds like if I have to do that, your part number shows a seat back that is made to hold the trim/net already...hmm...). I wonder how much the B250e seat backs cost and if they are an exact fit? Uh-oh, here I go, deeper and deeper...

Thank you for the link. It looks like a great resource. It will probably be a month before I get my Germany->Nebraska->Philadelphia order to be able to report whether or not I got the right thing.

What can I say? The customization bug is a powerful illness...!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same question about cargo nets. It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that all these parts are in the manual but no idea what you'll get with the car or how to supplement.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a brief update! The part # 246-910-15-01-xxxx (xxxx being the color code) is indeed the plastic bracket and the net. Mine arrived and I was thrilled to see that both the bracket and net are included. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to make a mistake with the color code and accidentally ordered 246-910-15-01-9H68 (black). I'd had several vendors not able to order/find it in beige for me, so in my frenzy to order it I somehow switched my order to black. My mistake, so I will live with it. I'll stick with what I bought for two reasons: 1.) considering the difficulty I had in finding it in beige (Autohause told me it was discontinued and won't ever be available), I may never find it in beige, and 2.) the sheepskin seat covers I ordered are black. So, the seat is going to have a lot of black on it anyway. I held it up to the back of the seat, and it looks OK with all the other black in the car.
I won't attempt to install these until all the drama with my sunroof is resolved, but I wanted to update everyone on what you'll receive with part # 246-910-15-01-xxxx. I will post more once I embark on the installation attempt.

Thank you, to everyone who helped me track down this part #! Here's hoping for a smooth installation and good documentation on my part for all to share!

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
Very well done Christine. Yes, I only see the black available from my go-to parts sites as well, but that pretty much goes with anything and given your black-covered seats may actually be better.

btw: We do get folding mirrors (premium package inclusion?). 😉 But it would be nice to have all the Euro options. Some MBoA marketing exec at some point was likely trying to hit a price point for their intended demographic, and so ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts