Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a used 2019 GLA 45 used with 900 miles, in 2019. It had the performance exhaust but not the adjustable suspension. My upgrades were:
GTR grille, lighted star, Turbo Smart electric DV, wheel spacers, Red Star catted DP, OE stage 1 tune. I absolutely loved that car. Everything worked so well. But like may of you enthusiasts, I wanted more. I figured I could spend roughly $55k for something else. I started looking at other AMG products, used of course. I quickly realized even at $90K I would only improve my 0-60 time by about 0.5 tp .07 seconds. And I don't have that much cheddar anyway. As a result I started researching the Tesla's model 3. I knew it was fast, but had no idea that the performance model was quicker than 9/10 of super cars out there. So last May. I traded my beloved GLA 45 for a slightly used 2019 Model 3 Performance with 7300 miles. The dealer gave me $2k more than I paid ($42K) for the GLA and I paid $53K for the Tesla. The Model 3 is absolutely incredibly quick (0-60- 3.1 sec) and handles almost as well as the GLA.
So what do I miss about the GLA: the visceral, adjustable exhaust, incredible braking, and light weight, go kart like handling. Also, look at the resale values. Tesla way out performs MB, I still love AMG though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
T3 performance is mind blowing machine. no comparison. Must drive one to understand and comment.
good buy!
only 1 problem it has --- not a hatchback it cant fit larger objects, its so stupid they made such an error.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats @Wrager ! I sold my Shelby GT500 and replaced that with a Model 3 stealth performance last April (I also bought a used '19, 6700 miles). The M3P is my DD and the wife still has the GLA45 as her DD. Our M3P is worlds faster than the GLA45 and I greatly prefer it. The infotainment on the AMG felt out-dated when it was brand new and now compared to Tesla infotainment it's embarrassingly bad. For cars made just 3 years apart they feel like 2 decades apart. Zero maintenance and very little depreciation (I paid $50k private party for my 3) are also things to love.

There are things I like about the 45 better though, including the hatchback, overall fit and finish, and the much more luxurious and sturdy interior feel. The Model 3 does have a massive trunk and considerably larger cargo space than the 45, but that comes with a little extra size I don't really need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts