Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

First post from me but was hoping to get others input on the mishimoto intake box and filter. I installed this in early July and ran into some fitment issues. The filter is too large for the box. Curious if others have the installed it without problems.
Hood Automotive lighting Cloud Bumper Automotive exterior

mishimoto has said, “Have you tried re-orienting the intake tubing to get the filter lower in the box at all? We have not had any recent fitment issues with this intake kit at all.”

I attempted that but it’s impossible for it to fit without contacting the top of the box.

They tried to look for a smaller filter, but have no other options. I wasn’t particularly surprised and not sure how they couldn’t pull the parts off the shelf to see the issue. Mishimoto said, “Screwing the lid down should hold the filter down and keep it in place.”

I feel they could’ve made the box a 1/4” or so taller to avoid this.

Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
2015 GLA45 - STG 2
3 Posts
I have the same mishimoto filter and I found the same problem .... to get around it what I did was i "taped" 5mm thick silicone sheet on the underside of the cover so that it kinda cover the gap and it has enough clearance for the lid to be screwed on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here’s another fitment issue I have just for anyone else considering this intake. The air inlet will never sit right and stay. Always seems to pop out on this side. At some point I’ll make modifications to the box itself or buy something else.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Fixture

1 - 5 of 5 Posts