Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Could you explain what "mirror link" is?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm pretty sure OP is talking about MirrorLink, which is a technology in development that lets a driver mirror their phone to the vehicle's in-dash display. Designed to be a companion to Apple's CarPlay for non-iOS devices and starting to be announced in 2016 vehicles (I seem to recall VW talking a lot about this last year).

Good concept if they can get it to catch on:
What is MirrorLink®? | MirrorLink

(And to answer OP's question, I doubt this will be a retrofit as there appears to be additional hardware required)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is a technology that allows to mirror your smartphone on your car's screen.
My brother in law just bought a Subaru VX and it works perfectly, he can have Waze or Google Maps, even Angry Birds or videos on his screen; not wirelessly though but with the cable that connects to the smartphone headphones port.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anyone ever get MirrorLink to work in their GLA? I see instructions for it in the on-screen owner's manual (in COMAND), and the 2nd USB port in my armrest seems to be the connection for it. According to their website, MirrorLink doesn't support my phone yet (Galaxy S7 Edge), but was just curious if is enabled for anyone and/or if anyone has successfully used it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone ever get MirrorLink to work in their GLA? I see instructions for it in the on-screen owner's manual (in COMAND), and the 2nd USB port in my armrest seems to be the connection for it. According to their website, MirrorLink doesn't support my phone yet (Galaxy S7 Edge), but was just curious if is enabled for anyone and/or if anyone has successfully used it.
do you see mirrorlink in one of the usual menu's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts