Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has seen this but the made in India Mercedes-Benz GLA has been touring the world and it has been ongoing since July.
Currently they're driving around Europe in Vienna, Austria.

Maybe their GLA adventure will inspire you to seek you own: Great OverLand Adventure

Where have you taken or where will you take your GLA?

·
Registered
816 Posts
MB has a strategy for 'locally built for local consumers' so as to present price reductions to those consumers:

CHENNAI: Mercedes Benz India has announced the local assembly of two of its best-selling models - the CLA and GLA - and the Indian consumer will benefit from the decision with both models becoming substantially cheaper as a result.

According to a company statement, Mercedes Benz India will pass on the benefits of localization -- ranging from Rs 1 lakh to 2 lakh -- to the end customer both for the CLA and GLA.

The locally produced CLA 200 CDI Style is priced at Rs 30.70 lakh while the petrol CLA 200 Sport is priced at Rs 32.90 lakh. The CLA 200 CDI Sport is priced at Rs 33.90 lakh. The locally produced petrol GLA 200 Sport is priced at Rs 33.90 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom Delhi).

Mercedes-Benz India on Wednesday kicked off the production of the CLA at its Chakan plant in the outskirts of Pune. The CLA is the seventh locally assembled product from the Mercedes-Benz's portfolio.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Around the world? Yeah, been there. done that. I've already driven my GLA through Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, and all the way across the USA. :) But seriously, I do like what they're doing with their road trip.
As far as MB making a GLA in India, it makes sense to produce the more entry level cars in the market they're going to be sold in. Import costs, taxes, tax breaks for the business, and tweaks to the car's features can all add up to bring the cost down. I just wonder if any of these cheaper to make GLAs will find their way to the UK or Australia?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Around the world? Yeah, been there. done that. I've already driven my GLA through Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, and all the way across the USA. :) But seriously, I do like what they're doing with their road trip.
As far as MB making a GLA in India, it makes sense to produce the more entry level cars in the market they're going to be sold in. Import costs, taxes, tax breaks for the business, and tweaks to the car's features can all add up to bring the cost down. I just wonder if any of these cheaper to make GLAs will find their way to the UK or Australia?
Plus India is a growing market so they can always use that facility for future vehicles. Going to be interesting to see how that market takes on MB's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They've made it into United States and are now in Colorado!
Here's the map.

Maybe say hi if you ever see them and their GLA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts