Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried installing something like this or do they even have them available for the GLA? It looks like a lot of fun and it's cool.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think you can get those straight from Mercedes Benz. I am more familiar with the ones that Lincoln offers.

I think its a better feature than the light up emblem in the grille.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Has anyone tried installing something like this or do they even have them available for the GLA? It looks like a lot of fun and it's cool.

Check the thread "Ghost Lights" in this section I bought and installed a set and they look great...you can check them out in my garage under bellermb.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up and your lights look awesome! Didn't find that thread because I was probably searching with the wrong key words.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Would you guys ever want something that projects different things?

I know i would like to have only spots but in a pattern that looks classy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Would you guys ever want something that projects different things?

I know i would like to have only spots but in a pattern that looks classy.
You can send in your own design and get custom lenses here: Custom Logo Chips Archives - Wind Fire Auto
and pop them in to the projectors from here: Mercedes Benz C Coupe,E Saden,GL,ML Door Projector (D007-B)-pair - Wind Fire Auto

I just ordered a set. Why not? It was only $40 shipped. I'll let you know how they look next week.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My opinion... It's pretentious and cool. The former comes from the fact that the car already screams MB from the ridiculously over-sized front star to the hatch which needs most of its length to include all the badges. Adding to the overabundance isn't my idea of elegance. On the other hand approach lights are useful features and putting a design in there that doesn't add to the look at me I'm driving a MB cacophony would be a great way to personalize the car.

Don't even get me started on the 4matic badge... :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have zero skill in installing car stuff, is it easy to install? I want to go with custom logo.
It looks pretty straightforward as those lights just pop out if you pry them in the right spot. The projectors just plug in to the wiring that's there for the standard lights, so it's not like you'd need to solder or rewire anything. I'll let you know next week if it really is as easy as they say.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It looks pretty straightforward as those lights just pop out if you pry them in the right spot. The projectors just plug in to the wiring that's there for the standard lights, so it's not like you'd need to solder or rewire anything. I'll let you know next week if it really is as easy as they say.
I just installed mine, 15 minute job if that.
I did not have to adjust the lights at all. They look great.:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Already modding your car lol
Just one of several I've done. Once I have a chance to take some pics, I'll post them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts