Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
5 stars. Can't really get much better than that. People won't buy your car because its safe, but people won't buy your car if its not safe.

·
Registered
295 Posts
that's true, it does however add more points to it when comparing it to it's competiting, but then again there are so many more things people will factor in

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got the Audi Q3 at 5 stars and the BMW X3 at 5 stars as well.

I still think that how I put it before rings very true:

People won't buy your car because its safe, but people won't buy your car if its not safe.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah that is how it works.
People won't buy if it gets some horrible rating and they're aware of it, which at times the media does make into a big deal.

·
Registered
694 Posts
It makes sense that small cars do worst, there's just that much less to work with to make them safer, car makers are limited to what they can do with those, unfortunately.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I imagine that is a benefit of having the CUV segment. They are small but they are still a bit more safe and tanky than a regular small car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Safety was a big reason I bought a GLA. I spend a lot of time on the freeway and wanted the safest car I could fit into my garage. I wasn't impressed with the X-60, and I eliminated the X-1 because my last BMW started to fall apart immediately after the warranty expired. And I thought the GLA was simply a better value than the Q-3. I'm very happy with my decision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts