Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Mercedes-Benz GLA has made the short list for the 2015 North American Truck/Utility of the Year. The list has 10 vehicles on it, and it looks like some tough competition. Here is the short list:

- Audi Q3
- Chevy Colorado
- Chevy Tahoe
- Ford F-150
- GMC Canyon
- Lexus NX
- Lincoln MKC
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class
- Nissan Murano
- Porsche Macan
- Subaru Outback
- Toyota Highlander

What do you think of the list? Do you think that the GLA could win the big prize?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think out of most, the GLA has a better chance, but it might be hard to come out on top, above the Macan.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Some great vehicles on the list. It will be a close fight. I think that quite a few have a chance of winning. The GLA, MKC, Q3, NX and Macan.

They could also go with something more affordable too.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Aside from the GLA, my money is on the Macan. I can see the Q3 ranking decent. Not sure about the NX or MKC

·
Registered
183 Posts
The MKC has been getting good reviews and Matthew McConauhey is the spokesperson (I don't know if that is a factor in the awards).

I just wonder who they compare the more down market vehicles to the luxury vehicles. I want to hear an argument for how one of those vehicles can win the big prize.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The MKC has been getting good reviews and Matthew McConauhey is the spokesperson (I don't know if that is a factor in the awards).

I just wonder who they compare the more down market vehicles to the luxury vehicles. I want to hear an argument for how one of those vehicles can win the big prize.
There is that and then there is comparing something like the Audi Q3 to the Ford F-150. Those vehicles are not in the same category at all.

What set of criteria would you use to compare and contrast all those vehicles that are so very different?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is that and then there is comparing something like the Audi Q3 to the Ford F-150. Those vehicles are not in the same category at all.

What set of criteria would you use to compare and contrast all those vehicles that are so very different?
Design, innovation, value, utility. I think that all those points can be compared across all the nominees.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Design, innovation, value, utility. I think that all those points can be compared across all the nominees.
Yeah that's right, when you look at those alone, then in that case it's fair. It just comes down to which vehicle made more of an impact than the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts