Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can choose between these 2.

40k miles on a 2016 GLA 250 that is completely equipped. packages for sports and luxury. Small $1700 carfax repair for one person No guarantee on the vehicle unless I purchase a third party; they quoted $4000 for a four-year, $80,000 warranty. Price: 28000

71k miles on a 2018 GLA 250 Premium package Mercedes CPO warranty for 1 year, 2 owners, clean carfax Price: 33,000

Which vehicle would you choose? Regarding the aftermarket warranty for the 2016, I have my doubts.

·
Super Moderator
2,123 Posts
It's a personal decision, but transmission improvements were in effect by late 2016. Early 2016 were the first with the new gear ratios. With CPO and clean Carfax (these reports can be misleading) I'd be inclined to go with the 2018, but that's sight unseen.

I try to buy private. I'm buying the seller as much as I'm buying the car. Look at the service records (dealers won't have these). Pay attention to how often the rear diff oil (AWD cars) was changed. IMHO this should be on a 10K mile interval (and motor oil at every 5K).

·
Super Moderator
952 Posts
The MY2018 received a largely cosmetic CUV mid-cycle "face lift" if that's of any determinant value.

I too prefer private sales, the few times I've done so, also for the often more detailed service records. The last time I sold as such the buyer was amazed by the "extra" maintenance I did and the records I kept.
But CarFax will at least give you any of the dealer/service center records in their system, which are pretty good.
I can choose between these 2.

40k miles on a 2016 GLA 250 that is completely equipped. packages for sports and luxury. Small $1700 carfax repair for one person No guarantee on the vehicle unless I purchase a third party; they quoted $4000 for a four-year, $80,000 warranty. Price: 28000

71k miles on a 2018 GLA 250 Premium package Mercedes CPO warranty for 1 year, 2 owners, clean carfax Price: 33,000

Which vehicle would you choose? Regarding the aftermarket warranty for the 2016, I have my doubts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts