Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Mercedes-Benz agrees to massive settlement after mold found growing in HVAC systems

6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  oleksii.morgun 
#1 ·
The proposed settlement class is defined as a nationwide class of all current and former owners and lessees of Mercedes-Benz 2008-19 C-Class, 2010-15 GLK Class, 2012-17 CLS-Class, 2010-19 E-Class, 2015-19 GLA-Class, 2013-16 GL Class, 2016-19 GLE-Class, 2017-19 GLS-Class, 2012-15 M-Class and 2016-19 GLC-Class vehicles who purchased or leased their vehicles in the United States.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/2-invest...wing-hvac-systems/RCH77U5TRJDWTOUKB26EY5DGH4/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Weird

Very weird that the CLA 250 is not included in the final settlement agreement, as its components (aside from the sheet metal) are essentially the same.

#10 ·
Since we have a (relatively limited) sample of GLA/45 owners on this site...How many of us have experienced the musty AC issue with our vehicles so far?

As for me = a 2015 GLA with 30K miles... occurred a few times the last couple summers here in Central Florida. Naturally warm/hot/humid area. Had noticed a slight musty smell from the AC during initial cycling of AC, then fine. Had AC musty odor issues with other vehicles which required AC service. Good to know that MB (hopefully) has our backs on this. I plan to contact our dealer if this occurs again this summer.

#11 ·
26K miles on Pam's 2017 45. No problems But I will take it in for the recall when we are notified.

The car lives in a fairly moderate climate (San Francisco Bay Area) and gets used with climate control on (air conditioning active) most days so air is moved through those hoses frequently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.