5-spoke wheel, 48.3 cm (19-inch)
Surface: matt black, rim flange: red
Wheel size: 8 J x 19 ET 43.5
Article number A15640104009Y22

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look like the 19" optional wheels already available but in matte black with a red ring so I would assume they would cost extra.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Does make them sound nearly so fun when they are described as simply "the 19" optional wheels already available but in matte black with a red ring."

Then it just seems like a quick paint job to make some extra money.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it works, somewhat similar to the optional 20" AMG wheels and I think that looks great.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Those are very similar to the AMG wheels. Almost identical. I'd kind of want to get rims that are different from ones that MB offers if I am going to go after market. I guess there are only so many ways to design some rims though.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I tried to crank up the exposure and sharpness a bit so you could see my wheels. These have been a great set of wheels, and are regularly mistaken for OEM, which I like. I also prefer No-lip, big-face designs for such contemporary styling the GLA has. I think wheels with a 'lip' do not belong on an SUV, and frankly, a lip designed wheel is kind of outdated anyway, much like chrome wheels.

I like that I can see my upgraded rotors better too ;)

another angle with the exposure and sharpness cranked

·
Registered
694 Posts
The fact that they're mistaken for OEM wheels is indeed a great thing, it just goes to show how tasteful it looks, since Mercedes is good with that, with their design teams dedicated to such tasks. There's a level of expectation with MB's and clearly what you've done complements your GLA. Well done :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.